Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

13 minutes ago, nevermore said:

Can't wait for his video and Collider's

Campea always said there were too many factors against a high opening weekend. He said he never believed the tracking and that it would be 100M OW. I told him that on his last open mic and he felt vindicated.

Mark Ellis on Collider was super overzealous and buying into the 170M projections and not being surprised if it made more, while saying under 150M would be a disappointment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tyrian said:

The real delight in watching their videos is seeing them squirm trying to avoid being too critical - avoid talking about the biggest elephant in the room (so many fans hated TLJ) - for fear of being blacklisted by Disney and disinvited to their premieres/events etc etc.

That's why I like Kristian Harloff. He gives his opinion and doesn't give a shit what others think about his opinion. A majority of the folks at Collider have this group-think mentality that's gotten really fucking annoying over the last few years. It was actually refreshing to hear someone over there not rave over The Last Jedi.  

Edited by MrGamer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

JW2 is going to be a mediocre movie and gross around 850WW. Bookmark me. 

If it doesn't, are you gonna "stop posting" just like you said you would if Solo WW was under DP2 WW? :sparta:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

8 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

JW2 is going to be a mediocre movie and gross around 850WW. Bookmark me. 

This is it. Its the worst prediction ive seen of all time.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Campea always said there were too many factors against a high opening weekend. He said he never believed the tracking and that it would be 100M OW. I told him that on his last open mic and he felt vindicated.

Mark Ellis on Collider was super overzealous and buying into the 170M projections and not being surprised if it made more, while saying under 150M would be a disappointment.

6 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

That's why I like Kristian Harloff. He gives his opinion and doesn't give a shit what others think about his opinion. A majority of the folks at Collider has this group-think mentality that's gotten really fucking annoying over the last few years. It was actually refreshing to hear someone over there not rave over The Last Jedi.  

Do you happen to know what he did say about TLJ? I think he is a very big fan of SW, but he isn't with them any-more. He gets overboard in first reactions, but usually calmed down some days later, I mean those later reactions, not fresh out if the Cinema. His style to speak, move,... made me laugh a lot (same way to speak like an Italian I knew way back and he seems to have Italian ancestry too)

I missed a lot of the ~ discussions about TLJ here and elsewhere then I guess (for some reasons I doubt that I'd have enjoyed those)

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

You can all laugh but I won’t be the one eating crow when it’s all said and done. :hahaha:

This isn't Star Wars. Even if the film drops huge and makes 350mil in the states it will make 700mil internationally because people overseas care about this franchise.

Jurassic World is my Number 1 favourite movie of all time, beating LOTR, Fury Road, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Godfather and Co. Thats entirely because of personal reasons and big fat nostalgia preventing me from seeing its flaws, but just let me say that i wont tolerate anyone naming it "mediocre" :Venom:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2