WrathOfHan

Wednesday Numbers: Solo 4.9M | Deadpool 3.9M | Book Club 1.6M | Infinity War 1.5M

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Btw, where's that DP2 under 250m club a lot of us were mocking? It's actually got a shot of happening based on the multis of comparative second weekend CBM drops. I still doubt it does, but DP2 holds juts keep being bad, and the competition will prevent any late legs. Will probably finish 10-20m over that mark, but that club definitely wasn't so crazy after all. 

Yes it could finish this weekend 10m over that mark. :Venom:

Edited by MrGlass2

Just now, TalismanRing said:

That has no chance of happening

It's at $227.75m as of Wed.  It will be over $230m going into a probable $20m w/e

Yeah, I thought DP2 was like 10m behind what it is. Still could finish around 260 though based on how things tend to play out with CBMs that drop that hard in weekend 2. 270 is more realistic though. 

5 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

I think it's safe to assume that DP2 is a lock for $300M domestic. 

DP2's second Wed is equal to that of the original's.

More like locked to $275-$285M

It's already 23M behind the original and that difference is only going to increase since weekend drops will stay 60%+ :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Btw, where's that DP2 under 250m club a lot of us were mocking? It's actually got a very tiny shot of happening based on the multis of comparable second weekend CBM drops. I still doubt it does, but DP2 holds just keep being bad, and the competition will prevent any late legs. Will probably finish 15-20m over that mark, but that club definitely wasn't so crazy after all. 

The club was not crazy you are correct, but after a 3.8M weekday it only needs 23M more to get past 250M. I would be interested to know any films that had a 3.5M+ Wednesday and then went on to gross under 23M more. 

People should keep two things in mind with DP2 this weekend: most CBMs with a comparable 2nd weekend drops also dropped 55%+ in third weekends, and most holdovers drop heavy the weekend after MD. In other words, don't be surprised if -60% or worse happens this weekend. -55% is almost a sure thing. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

Umm because he's had the numbers for it every single day of the week since it's been released and considering he spent a whole article talking about said movie (even giving his predictions for it throughout the weekend) you would think he had the number.

Its not that big a deal. Just odd that we don't have the number for it whether provided by Scott or in general.  

I know, but this week's weekdays are not that... impressive (that was what I meant with other days in calendar ...,...

He did a bigger thing about it rather recently, sometimes it  was that for a time, especially of it is not that high per day (and a SH)

He started to write a lot more about a SH movie per day with BP I think (that he actually seem to like), maybe a co-reason? Maybe I missed a change in style during my absence?

Generally, other magazines... I think the same counts, there will be a day were they loose a bit the interest, when no headline might be possible (see milestones), or other reasons to even look into it for them. It seems to be a quiet weekend upcoming, nothing big....

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Feb v May. 

Highly doubtful DP2 gets a similar 130% Friday boost this week when last Friday was 79%

You are probably correct. But I think that DP2 has a chance for relatively good holds until real competition arrives. 

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, I thought DP2 was like 10m behind what it is. Still could finish around 260 though based on how things tend to play out with CBMs that drop that hard in weekend 2. 270 is more realistic though. 

Alien:Convenant holds will give it a $273M total and it's holding slightly better since last weekend so $280M-$285M is more realistic imo.

1 minute ago, PPZVGOS said:

You are probably correct. But I think that DP2 has a chance for relatively good holds until real competition arrives. 

The history of CBMs that dropped similarly in weekend two combined with the history of post MD holdovers point to a drop around 60-65% for it this weekend. Maybe that won't happen, just saying its got some nasty odds against it for a decent hold this weekend. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

He didn't even have the up to date WW numbers maybe he didn't have the Wed numbers since he w/e number looks like he threw a dart at the wall.

It's not a movie he liked let alone loved so we're not going to get daily updates for it.  Instead well get passive aggressive updates like - it might drag itself to $2B and as of Monday it was domestically the 49th highest movie adjusted for inflation. :lol:

Hahahaha yes, that is him epecially about SH movies (excluding BP, I am guessing WW too)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Since Disney has come out and blamed the release date for Solo’s failure does this mean they will probably make changes to their schedule next year? 

We are getting a number of different stories out of Disney as to the reason for Solo's failure. I got a feeling that a lot of Cover Your Ass is being plaing at Disney, with people trying to shift the blame to  someone else at The Mouse.

Example:The guy in charge of the poor marketing points a finger at the guy who chose Memorial Day and screams "It's His Fault!".

It was a group effort, folks. Lots of blame to spread around.

• Like 2

Honestly, if Solo causes Disney to realize  their 2019 slate is a mess, then it died for a noble cause. They're shaving a ton of money off of about 5 releases in that Mar-July span with the idiotic way they scheduled such massive tentpoles so close together. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Alli said:

wow are they expecting a breakout?

Very low competition with nothing major opening after Solo until this (except for Jackass this will be the only studio movie playing with quite old release legs)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1