WrathOfHan

Wednesday Numbers: Solo 4.9M | Deadpool 3.9M | Book Club 1.6M | Infinity War 1.5M

1 hour ago, oMeriMombatti said:

I tried reading this but was so confused, IW should make 634mil by the end of it's 6th week, that's 5mil from yesterday to next Thursday, but it should make 9.5mil this weekend for a total of 644mil by Sunday.

Any estimates from the trades on how much Solo is going to lose?

Disney is keeping quiet about the final cost, but pretty clearfrom the trades  that it was at least 250 Million  That means a 500 Million break even point, at a minimum. The film will have a rought time reaching 400 Million.  Disney can shrug off the monetary loss, but that is embarrassing for a franchise that was thought to be bomb proof.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

Lol dude for a moment I thought IW did 1.92 on Wednesday falling only 3% 😂. I was very happy for a few seconds lol

Jones was very funny in the movie. I loved his role, especially in this scene where he says “its makine me cry” 😜

Me too! I was like, why is nobody talking about this??

I'm thinking around $1.4M for IW.

These drops have been pretty horrendous for Solo so far this week. Not even DOFP, Apocalypse, or Fast 6 held this bad among the most frontloaded MD openers. It needs strong Fri/Sat bumps this week or missing 200 is a very real possibility. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Any estimates from the trades on how much Solo is going to lose?

Disney is keeping quiet about the final cost, but pretty clearfrom the trades  that it was at least 250 Million  That means a 500 Million break even point, at a minimum. The film will have a rought time reaching 400 Million.  Disney can shrug off the monetary loss, but that is embarrassing for a franchise that was thought to be bomb proof.

Difference in 'speed' for real # is e.g. a movie without any reasons for additional costs... all runs well during production = the agreed on budget is internally named let's day 2-3 years before release.

Wth lots of computer work... final bills to the production company have usually a lot of arguing till the accounting departments of both companies end with a final amount.

That is only an example for why certain movies get later on, if it surpassed the budget, an adjustment. Tax rebates... up to 2y later happening.

When a movie has a lot of unplanned situations, extra work,... it can take a lot longer, as the accounting ppl have to wade through more papers that did not have beforehand preparation, only after the bill goz paid they can file it for the rebates...

There will be a lot of estimates till then, but as comparisons in the past show, those estimates are sometimes far away from the reality. And sometimes not bad. If still interested into the more realistic #, you might want to look into it in a year or so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

:ohmygod:

So we know the pattern now. 320-330m for IX confirmed. 

EpVIII dropped 316, so if Solo finishes with exactly 216 the trend will become irrefutable.       

2 hours ago, baumer said:

You mean the movie that fell 65% in its second weekend and 30% on its first Wednesday?

Yea, that one.

It held very well after that though. As we've established, a big second weekend drop for MD openers is basically inescapable. DOFP got pretty good WOM and legs after that, and it definitely was the closest X-Men has come to making a film in the franchise a must see again since X3. Solo is the anti-thesis of "must see." Very slim chance it holds as well as DOFP. It also has way more competition after week 2 with I2, FK, and AMATW coming to send it to a quick grave. 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

It held very well after that though. As we've established, a big second weekend drop for MD openers is basically inescapable. DOFP got pretty good WOM and legs after that, and it definitely was the closest X-Men has come to making a film in the franchise a must see again since X3. Solo is the anti-thesis of "must see." Very slim chance it holds as well as DOFP. It also has way more competition after week 2 with I2, FK, and AMATW coming to send it to a quick grave. 

Pirates 5 had better legs than DOFP.  I guess that was even more "must see" than DOFP:lol:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

Why don't we have a number for Infinity War? Odd that Scott talked about it but didn't give a number 

Why should he? Its not a new release, its not making huge amounts in relation to other days in the calendar, it's about a SH movie (that he isn't into, beside very few exceptions), he still writes about it if e.g. reaching a new round milestone number or surpassed another kind of milestone.

Only bcs we want those numbers, does not mean a certain # about movie xy is of the same interest for the non-fan writer at a magazine

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Pirates 5 had better legs than DOFP.  I guess that was even more "must see" than DOFP:lol:

Sometimes watching a disaster is more of a must see though. Think about how many times people slow down to see a car accident versus them slowing down to see a nice car :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Getting to 200 million still means a quick grave. I don't see any problem with it getting there. But we'll see.