WrathOfHan

Wednesday Numbers: Solo 4.9M | Deadpool 3.9M | Book Club 1.6M | Infinity War 1.5M

5M make it about in line with DOFP first Wed drop. 

5.4M could increase the chance of weekend drop closer to 60% instead of the 65% that DOFP got. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sam said:

5M make it about in line with DOFP first Wed drop. 

5.4M could increase the chance of weekend drop closer to 60% instead of the 65% that DOFP got. 

Solo has a much bigger Thursday than DOFP. That will worsen the drop.

Guys,I really hate to be a stick in the mud, but Empire's guesses aren't really enough to open a Wednesday thread.  There's got to be something more to it than just a guess.  I know he has access to numbers but he didn't say that he looked anything over and then made a stab at it, he just said he guesses.

Let's try to have a little more to go on before we open a numbers thread next time.  

3 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Baumer will be excited to know my Book Club Showing was packed tonight. 

That's great to know! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Guys,I really hate to be a stick in the mud, but Empire's guesses aren't really enough to open a Wednesday thread.  There's got to be something more to it than just a guess.  I know he has access to numbers but he didn't say that he looked anything over and then made a stab at it, he just said he guesses.

Let's try to have a little more to go on before we open a numbers thread next time.  

Don't blame me for guessing, but I am always clear between a guess and a reliable number.  

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

This weekend with projections. Could be the least attended start to June since June 2-4 2000. 

Really? Seems like first week of June is always dead. Snow White and the Huntsman and 22 Jump Street are the only two that come to mind for any notable openers. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Really? Seems like first week of June is always dead. Snow White and the Huntsman and 22 Jump Street are the only two that come to mind for any notable openers. 

There was a little movie called Wonder Woman last year.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Don't blame me for guessing, but I am always clear between a guess and a reliable number.  

Not blaming you at all.  I'm glad to have your guess, but is this a guess based on some data, or just a pure guess based on other things like history and such?

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lmao, completely forgot that was first week of June. Still a rarity to release anything notable that weekend though. 

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakban also opened on this date in 2004 to 93M. Also Finding Nemo in 2003 (70M), Sex and the City in 2008 (57M), Up (68M) in 2009, X-Men: First Class in 2011 (55M), Maleficent (69M, nice) in 2014.

Actually a very common date to release a tentpole.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakban also opened on this date in 2004 to 93M. Also Finding Nemo in 2003 (70M), Sex and the City in 2008 (57M), Up (68M) in 2009, X-Men: First Class in 2011 (55M), Maleficent (69M, nice) in 2014.

Actually a very common date to release a tentpole.

Well I guess I'm thinking of a different date then lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, La Binoche said:

your love for this movie is so strange and fascinating 

First of all, imo, it's a great movie.

Second, I love the cast.

Third, I have a huge crush on Steenbergen.

Fourth, it's a film that touches on adult issues and I appreciate a film like that.  Summer is filled with blockbusters and tentpoles and superheroes and explosions and those are fun but it's also good to see a movie that touches on adult issues, real ones. The movie isn't really about the 50 Shades stuff, it's about what happens to your soul when you get older and like Ally Sheedy says in Breakfast Club, when you grow up your heart dies.  But in this film, it gets resurrected and I enjoyed it for that.  

Fifth, I love it when a film that isn't aimed at the populace here actually does well....especially when all the young-ins here said it would fail miserably.

• Like 3