CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

Had some personal things happen this weekend so I missed the breakout (at least to me) that was JW2 this weekend. Just coming in here to say that I was 1000000% wrong about JW2 not being walk up driven. Apparently you can still have walk up driven films in a day and age where presales dominate. Kudos to @Brainbug @That One Guy And @a2k for calling it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Also I saw an interesting tid bit this weekend about Deadpool’s demo breakdown. Apparently the original had 70% of its audience be between the age of 14-30 whereas the sequel was down to 51% for that age group. So DP2 age group was more older skewing than what was thought and most likely contributed to it having better legs than what was thought it would (at least to me :ph34r:

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Great weekend for a few reasons, the JW:FK being one. Incredibles 2 holding strong.

We also had a good number of films cross some thresholds.

Oceans 8 crossed $100m

Solo crossed $200m 

Deadpool 2 crossed $300m

+ Deadpool 2 crossed $400M OS

Deadpool 2 crossed $700M WW

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

33 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

So a $2m overestimation domestic 

but $6m underestimation overseas.

Still $4m better off, lol. 

Domestic must’ve been $148m. 

Damn. I was expecting them to fudge. But 148 still puts it ahead of F7

11 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Understandable that they went for 150M, since thats a nicer headline.

As long as it's above FF8 it's their second biggest opening.

Kind of crazy thinking that MArvel's third biggest is Black Panther with 202M!!!! and the third biggest SW opening is 155M (RO) and BV has 11 over 150M. WB has 4 and LGF has 2 (THG and CF) and Uni 1 and Sony 1.