baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

Just now, EmpireCity said:

We all have opinions on here.  Sometimes they are wrong.  That is understandable.  It happens.  

I can't understand however the complete stupidity and making up shit and making arguments about stuff that wasn't said, or using it for half truth because your brain is locked in one direction.  

Slow down, read posts completely, think about them and then post a reply.  It isn't a race.  Better to get it correct than spew bullshit.  

The post I responded to of yours said Star Wars has only had one film that's failed, the rest were very profitable. You then go on to state there's no comparisons to DCEU except for trolls. DCEU has only had one film that failed, the rest were profitable. Where was this so called lack of "reading comprehension" you throw in anyone's face who calls you out when you talk nonsense? Both are in fact in a very similar situation with course corrections needing to be made for the future. Yet you condescendingly dismiss it all as trolls. Follow your own advice in the above post, it's actually not half bad.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Nova said:

So what are the chances that Ashes gets nominated for a best original song at the Oscars? I really wanna see Celine Dion perform with Deadpool in the background :rofl:

Don't tease me. :whosad:

I get not wanting to see people continue to complain about why they didn't like TLJ (I am sick of it too) but I really don't understand the complaints about people discussing a movie that's currently in theaters. 

This is a box office forum. The hot topic right now is how big of a bomb Solo is and what Disney and LF will do going forward with the franchise. I don't see why people should be banned or threads locked because we are discussing this. 

• Like 6

Just now, Mekanos said:

Go get a Sunday night burger and some groceries and the thread falls apart...

If Jurassic World doesn't meet expectations, it will be fun here.

What are the expectations though?    The high or low end of the $130-150m the tracking has it?  Or the bigger numbers some see it having - $170-190m+

I think having O/S numbers coming in 2 weeks early though will temper the reactions a bit though.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

What are the expectations though?    The high or low end of the $130-150m the tracking has it?  Or the bigger numbers some see it having - $170-190m+

I think having O/S numbers coming in 2 weeks early though will temper the reactions a bit though.

I think most people here are expecting 150M easily, 170M being seen as a moderate prediction. A poll would be fun. If it goes sub-140M there will be panic for sure.

23 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

WB has a million good options to course correct with DCEU and unite fans and the GA. They can essentially just reboot and start over at this point without people caring.

You do know they have at least three more movies already in production? They are not going to "reboot" anything. And why would they when 4/5 of these movies have been hits?

Giving up on the "franchise" scheme wouldn't necessarily be wise either:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=dccomics.htm

Except Batman movies, they had 0 hits since Superman II (1981), until MOS. A "reboot" could mean a return to the glory days of Catwoman and Green Lantern.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Thanks 1

I wonder how much profit Deadpool 2 is going to bring in for Fox. I know the first one had a net profit of $322M (according to Deadline) but since this one cost $110M and will likely bring in $85M less or so I'm wondering how much lower that number is. I'm guessing it'll be a net profit of $150M-$200M? 

• Like 2

Can we just get to the Incredibles or Fallen Kingdom weekend thread, or even the O8 one already?

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I wonder how much profit Deadpool 2 is going to bring in for Fox. I know the first one had a net profit of $322M (according to Deadline) but since this one cost $110M and will likely bring in $85M less or so I'm wondering how much lower that number is. I'm guessing it'll be a net profit of $150M-$200M? 

Participation is going to be much higher.  Reynolds will be making even more bank on the back end as actor writer, producer

People obviously aren't as interested in this like I am, but I still can't believe how profitable the Deadpool movies are....especially in comparison to the other X-Men films.

Matter fact it's crazy to me that the three most profitable X-Men films are the R-rated ones even though 3-4 years ago the thought of an R-rated CBM making money the way Deadpool and Logan did would have seemed insane lol 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

I get not wanting to see people continue to complain about why they didn't like TLJ (I am sick of it too) but I really don't understand the complaints about people discussing a movie that's currently in theaters. 

This is a box office forum. The hot topic right now is how big of a bomb Solo is and what Disney and LF will do going forward with the franchise. I don't see why people should be banned or threads locked because we are discussing this. 

It's fine except for the handful of people that it's ALL they talk about.  Those people are not interesting, and I'm here for interesting discussion.

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Can we just get to the Incredibles or Fallen Kingdom weekend thread, or even the O8 one already?

I'm torn...3 big sequels in a row...not what I'm excited to post about...but it will at least be fresher...

Too bad this weekend's movies didn't really move the bar...I like the "out of nowhere" fresh material hits, but it seems we went 0-3 this weekend, although 1 movie still has a chance to catch some legs over the next few weeks...