baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

Book Club was underestimated by a little over $200K. It should be north of $50M by the time O8 arrives. Hopefully it captures a lot of that film’s spillover as it chugs its way to final gross somewhere around $70M.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

So reactions should be up tomorrow then right? Odd if you ask me but maybe it has to do with the US release being so far away 

It starts literally 18 hours after the press screening ends so an embargo doesn't make that much sense.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Gitesh got even this one wrong. It's releasing on Thursday in India. I am watching it 1st day itself.

I’m surprised bookmyshow (atleast in Mumbai/NCR) hasnt started pre booking yet for what will be a big movie. There’s only 2 days to go and both IW and DP2 had started prebooking by this time

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Book Club's performance is extremely impressive. May be heading for 80m+ and a possible sleeper to sneak into the summer top 15 in the game. 

I would love for this to be true but I think 80 million is a bit too aggressive. Hopefully they can sneak by 70 million.

47 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

Simple. Infinity War's place is pretty much set. A bit of variation in the actual won't matter much, if at all.

Book Club's arc isn't quite locked yet, so this is far more interesting.

Ah, I see what you meant. It seems to me that Book Club’s arc is also pretty locked as a well-received piece of counterprogramming with fantastic legs, but the estimate vs actual variation will certainly be a much larger % of its overall numbers.

Edited by Thanos Legion

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I would love for this to be true but I think 80 million is a bit too aggressive. Hopefully they can sneak by 70 million.

Assuming its audience skews fairly old, it could play with very soft holds for weeks and weeks yet. Nothing else is really targeting that demo all summer except maybe Mamma Mia to a lesser degree. It's reminding me of Marigold Hotel if that had ever been in such wide release.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I’m surprised bookmyshow (atleast in Mumbai/NCR) hasnt started pre booking yet for what will be a big movie. There’s only 2 days to go and both IW and DP2 had started prebooking by this time

It depends on the film distributor securing number of shows. With Bollywood and retaining Hollywood blockbusters they wait till Wednesday to start presales.