baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

5 minutes ago, Cookson said:

They need to put Boba Fett on hold... Put Everything on hold till after ep 9 is out. Reset. Do a Vader spin off for 2021 and Obi-Wan for 2023. People would eat up a Vader movie... That damn scene in Rogue One was maybe the greatest Star Wars scene. Everyone wants a Obi Wan film. After those do really good at the box office, then so Rian 1 etc... 

They seriously need to stop a second and look what they're about to put out. Devisive does not go with anything.

Darth Vader has been in SEVEN movies. We know his whole story. What more could they possibly tell? It would be another empty cash grab.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

There are only 3 possible CinemaScores for Hereditary IMO: B-, C, and F. If audiences get disturbed/grossed out by what’s happening on screen (which it sounds like might be the case based on how people are hyping it), it’ll be mother! all over again.

Honestly what I have read from people who ve seen it doesn't make it srem too disturbing.

I want to go and see it with my best friend but she will kill me If it's some really crazy shit.

• Like 2

Am guessing 125-130 ow / 435-450 dom for I2. Dory had amazing female appeal and Ellen marketed the hell out of the movie too. Elastigirl as a super-mom has been at the center of I2's marketing but I doubt the same fervor has been created in that demo.

Edited by A2k Rex

3 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

The Twilight sequels

Well Twilight, as awful as it is (and notice how it's already forgotten and irrelevant), became a proper cultural phenomenon and joined the ranks of mega franchises. No shame in not exceeding it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hunch said:

Darth Vader has been in SEVEN movies. We know his whole story. What more could they possibly tell? It would be another empty cash grab.

Well it would make more than Solo. 

• Like 1

Just now, A2k Rex said:

Am guessing 130 ow / 450 dom for I2. Dory had amazing female appeal and Ellen marketed the hell out of the movie too. Elastigirl as a super-mom has been at the center of I2's marketing but I doubt the same fervor has been created in that demo.

I2 is gonna have wayyyy more male appeal though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A2k Rex said:

Am guessing 125-130 ow / 435-450 dom for I2. Dory had amazing female appeal and Ellen marketed the hell out of the movie too. Elastigirl as a super-mom has been at the center of I2's marketing but I doubt the same fervor has been created in that demo.

Girls prefer watching cute animals to superheroes. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Solo still hits 200m , right?

Pirates 5 still made another 57.5m after a 22m second weekend

That multi (57.5/22) would take Solo to 216 with a 27 weekend. But POTC5 faced WONDR in the 2nd weekend (and was #3 behind CU's 23m ow that weekend) itself while Solo gonna face bigger comp from now on. Thinking 210.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It Comes at Night was a solid flick. It's not it's fault that it was mis-marketed. The Witch was a good movie as well. People just don't like weird as shit horror films and that's okay.

It comes at night isnt weird, it’s just shit.

7 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I2 is gonna have wayyyy more male appeal though.

more boy appeal probably as a pixar cbm. probably can find it on deadline but curious to see male female ratio of dory vs coco.

Edited by A2k Rex

21 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I genuinely feel if TLJ was better edited/paced it could surpass TFA. But there's just a lot of junk in the first two acts that slows it down. TFA is perfectly paced.

That makes zero sense. Even if TLJ was as well received as TDK, there was no way it could have topped TFA.