baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

Came back from Solo. An entertaining ride, better than I expected (same goes for Ehrenreich's performance and how Han works as a main character). Wears out its welcome in the final stretch and there are some, uh, questionable choices throughout, but still gotta be the best 2010s Star Wars movie after Last Jedi. Certainly deserves to be doing better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

13 minutes ago, DAR said:

I’d hate to see how you would react if DP2 was an actual flop 

It was this close to it. Flopolo got it sick last weekend but thankfully the Avengers helped with a cure :ph34r:

42 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

The trailer has done quite well.

Over 5m now on the official Disney YT channel (4m more on the next half dozen)

3.45m from their twitter channel

12m from their Facebook and another 18m from Ellen's Facebook

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Pretty clear now that even a lame blockbuster opener still has a big effect on holdovers. Thor also dropped big against JL and Deadpool2 against Solo even though they were sad openings. 

Spider-Man Homecoming also saw a 62% drop against Planet of the apes but then recovered really really well. 

Which makes 2019 that much more interesting since almost every weekend there's a big movie opening. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

biggets money losers in worldwide box office. Solo is getting ready to join the list

V5ZYL4wGJjAZKAnfmUvbhlU0pIa3A3Roz-S0ME6X

Pretty wonky chart.  It doesn't seem to account for marketing, other releasing expenses, all ancillaries or which market the money was made. 

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol Mars Needs Moms. I'll never understand why Disney thought kids would want to see that premise at all, let alone spend $150M on it.

I don't even know what Mars Needs Moms is. 

Probably explains why it's the biggest box office bomb on that list 

:sparta:

Edit: it was released in 2011. Still never heard of it 

Edited by Nova

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Pretty wonky chart.  It doesn't seem to account for marketing, other releasing expenses, all ancillaries or which market the movie was made. 

Cant deny these are all huge money losers though