Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

AIW also has had slightly better internal multipliers than GOTG2.  With the same 3.72 during the comparative w/e if it hits 1.9 would do $7.07m - slightly higher and it could do $7.2m

I fully expect $7m WE for IW, unless this $1.8m is true than it will be looking at something like $6.7m for the WE.

6 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Females repped 69% of the crowd for Ocean’s 8,  which outnumbers the size of the females that turned out for the recent Clooney-Pitt-Damon pics at 55%. Those over 25 numbered 69% giving it a B, while those under at 31% enjoyed Ocean’s 8 with an A-. Of the 11% under 18 crowd who showed, they loved Ocean’s 8 with a solid A.

Oceans 8:  42 x 69% = 28.98 (women)

(adjusted)

Oceans 11:  61.67 x .55 =  33.92

Oceans 12:   57.75 x 55% =  31.76

Oceans 13 :  48.1 x .55% = 26.46

If Oceans 14 had happened with the same cast it most likely would have decreased far more with both men and women.  Oceans 8 gave us an uptick of women over the last installment but lost more men as an Oceans 14 probably would have anyway.    If they combine the cast - even partially (say bring in Pitt or Clooney and a couple of lower profile others) for the next they might get an uptick in both and do a $50m+ opening.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

So based on 16 O8 should do about 42. Pretty good start. Hope it has a nice run and gets to 150.

Seeing Heredetary today. Nervous and excited.

• Like 3

Good numbers for everything, even for Solo (relatively speaking to its BO run). Small Friday bumps, but that's Summer for ya. It still feels like it's starting to kick in. And on a 70M budget, Ocean's 8 is probably gonna return a decent little profit and start a trilogy that gets us Ocean's 9 and 10, all things considered. Good on WB and everyone involved.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

So based on 16 O8 should do about 42. Pretty good start. Hope it has a nice run and gets to 150.

I doubt it. Wom seems mixed and competition is big. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, baumer said:

Ooh report back @baumer, we have the same opinions on The Witch, It Follows and The Babadook so I’m curious.

Doesn't open here til next week

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ooh report back @baumer, we have the same opinions on The Witch, It Follows and The Babadook so I’m curious.

Doesn't open here til next week

I am eagerly awaiting for Hereditary myself, the trailer looks very interesting. FWITW, I thought that The Witch was awesome, while It Follows and The Babadook were quite good. 

2 hours ago, MrSinister said:

Maybe, but unfortunately besides Angie I think they’ve all gone on to glory and she’s practically 90. Anyway I’m looking forward to Ocean’s 9 and 10 and maybe Ocean’s 23 where they bring the two remake casts together for one last ride (course that last ones just speculation)...

Sadly, Bernie Mac is no longer with us, so it'll probably just be Ocean's 22.

• Sad 2