Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ehhhhhhhhhh, I'd disagree with that. I've seen old women get offended by drugs in movies despite the movie revolving around cartels (American Made) :winomg: 

Maybe Florida old people - those that didn't move from NY. :lol:

But then I've seen teenagers shocked and horrified at smoking.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So Book Club will be very close to 60 mill by the end of the weekend. That gives it a shot at 70 million. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

You’re literally citing a source that says 

to support your argument that it was never tracking for $30M? :redcapes:

2 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

When you ask for sources and sources are provided, the correct next step is to accept it, not to continue arguing it.

Thank you! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Pretty sure O8  is opening where expected.  So, yeah, not much discussion here. Imagine it'll have decent enough legs too. All good. Not everything is gonna massive over/under perform. Sometimes, tracking's pretty close to what happens.

exactly.  It's hit the most current tracking which was upward of $45 and looks like it could go even higher so that'a s plus for the movie.

Not sure why the $30 mil argument is even happening.  Yes it originally was that, but then the tracking kept going up.  So to use the $30 as some way to make the movie seem better is disingenuous.  and no not saying Krissykins is doing that in any way, shape or form. 

But yes to the poster that said it was NEVER at $30, that is wrong and Krissykins is right on about that and used sources that tracking did open at $30 mil.  

So can't we just move on :P 

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Now you’re lying. 

You said it was never tracking as low as $30m. I said it was. 

It was.

You were wrong. I provided proof. 

1 hour ago, L Silverman said:

That's just flat out incorrect.  Industry tracking was never as low as $30m.  Initial, long range tracking had Oceans 8 pegged at $45m.  Heading into this weekend, that estimate dropped to $35-40m.  Please provide a link to a reputable source (Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Deadline) that had numbers you're quoting.

Industry tracking was never as low as $30m.  And Deadline backs me up. 

7 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'd like to know Ethan's description of old people. Imagine it means late 20s and over.

Late 20s IS old.  If you compare it to the youthfulness of teens and early 20 year olds.

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

So Book Club will be very close to 60 mill by the end of the weekend. That gives it a shot at 70 million. 

Agreed.  I think it took it's biggest direct hit this w/e with O8 and a less than 4 multiplier is very possible off this w/e with that core age group

Ocean 8 is opening to tracking numbers as well as general expectations around here. It’s not a break out, nor it is underperforming.

People are really arguing in circles with semantics.

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Late 20s IS old.  If you compare it to the youthfulness of teens and easy 20 year olds.

Eh? Ain't much difference between early 20s and late 20s. Just being honest. Certainly is a difference between early teens and late 20s though. But, regardless, I was joking. As very few teens would refer a late twenties as "old people." I'm sure Ethan saw folks much older than late 20s in his screening.

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Perspective sweetie. When I was 18 I thought 25 was super old. Obviously that changes when you reach that age. 

I don't know. Regularly hung out with folks aged 21 to 35 in my late twenties. Regularly hang out with people 21 to 35 in my early 30s. Guess it was never much of thing for me personally. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Eh? Ain't much difference between early 20s and late 20s. Just being honest. Certainly is a difference between early teens and late 20s though. But, regardless, I was joking. As very few teens would refer a late twenties as "old people." I'm sure Ethan saw folks much older than late 20s in his screening.

Most guys in their late 20s have alredy started balding and gotten their first wrinkles. Also the youthful glow is gone.