Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

8 hours ago, That One Guy said:

16M

23.8M

20.2M

60M OW.  It is happening. @captainwondyful

I have done my part. I saw it twice. 

(nevermind, remembered you can post spoilers in the review thread)

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1

I remember I got fooled into thinking goodnight mommy would be a good horror film based on reviews. it was crap. I feel like every high rated "high art" horror film ends up being that way.

Edited by YLF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

29 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

Infinity War is at 43th day of theatrical run which is by Friday (June 8). Even if it misses $2 billion by Sunday, it may do it on Monday which is 46th day. Avatar passed the mark in 47 days.

You are forgetting to add the 2 additional days of overseas release (Wednesday and Thursday) for IW. Avatar crossed $2B on the Saturday of its 7th weekend, not the Sunday, so it is the 46th day, not the 47th.

This coming Sunday (tomorrow) will be IW's 47th day. So the record will not be broken either way. But I agree with you that it will either be tomorrow or Monday.

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Quigley said:

You are forgetting to add the 2 additional days of overseas release (Wednesday and Thursday) for IW. Avatar crossed $2B on the Saturday of its 7th weekend, not the Sunday, so it is the 46th day, not the 47th.

This coming Sunday (tomorrow) will be IW's 47th day. So the record will not be broken either way. But I agree with you that it will either be tomorrow or Monday.

Sunday is IW 44th day Dom, so + 2 day (Wed and Thu) would mean that Sunday would be IW 46th day.

20 minutes ago, YLF said:

I remember I got fooled into thinking goodnight mommy would be a good horror film based on reviews. it was crap. I feel like every high rated "high art" horror film ends up being that way.

Well even funny games, the one where the bad guys have a remote control and can bend time like the infinity time  stone, is considered high art. Even ...funnier is the u.s version where Tim Roth looks like he could slaughter the two yahoos any time he wanted .....:hahaha:

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

On a side note, Mother!, the infamous F cinemascore gatherer and flop from last year is streaming for free here in the UK.

I think I’m going to try it 😂

You won't like it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Did Avatar not release 2 days early OS? It Did December 16th in OS markets, December 18th domestic.

Edited by Ledmonkey96
  • Like 1

Dread and tension are great. I love getting that feeling. But the pay off needs to be huge.

You should build dread and tension towards a total overwhelmingly shtf climax.

I feel like this studio, uses tension to mildly elevate pretty mediocre conflicts.

Edited by Rebelscum

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You won't like it.

Just about to press play, back in 2 hours. 

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Not that good for O8 honestly. Will need strong legs. Star power certainly isn't what it used to be.

Huh

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Just about to press play, back in 2 hours. 

Huh

Well looking at Ocean's 13 back in 2007, which I don't think had previews it had a presumably pure friday of 13.2mil. That's compared to Ocean's 8 having a pure Friday of 11.8mil, Ocean's 13 made 13.9mil Sat so we'll see how Ocean's 8 holds.