Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

Previews did start at 6pm though.

5 pm as did Beast (if I’m correct).

If we use the same multi as Beast we get a $198.62M OW

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

From BOM:

Disney and Pixar's Incredibles 2 launched with a massive $18.5 million from Thursday previews. Not only is this the largest preview gross ever for an animated feature, it more than doubles the previous record set by Finding Dory with $9.2 million. In fact, it's more than the preview grosses for the likes of Beauty and the Beast ($16.3m), Spider-Man: Homecoming ($15.4m), Thor: Ragnarok($14.5m) and Justice League ($13m). At this point Finding Dory's $135 million record opening for an animated title would appear to be an afterthought as it's now merely a question of just how high will Incredibles 2 fly?

Warner Bros.'s R-rated comedy Tag brought in a strong $1.325 million from Thursday previews, which tops the $1 million for Game Night earlier this year prior to a $17 million debut. It's also just behind the $1.5 million brought in by Blockers prior to its $20.5 million opening and just ahead of the $1.3 million in previews for Tammy, our third comp listed in our preview below, all of which suggesting a three-day debut over $17 million may be likely.

Now, let's bear this in mind: this was a 5PM start, so we don't know if it has the juice to hit 200 or anything like that. That being said, I think 180 is looking very good right now, and if that's the case, then it would not only have OBLITERATED the unadjusted and adjusted OW's of all time, it would be the 7th biggest opening ever DOM :ohmygod:

Oh, and with 180M+ OW, 600M+ DOM is damn near guaranteed as this is still a four-quadrant family animated film with no competition (just one that skews fanbase more than others). The question would then be how close would it get to Infinity War and Black Panther, if not would it beat them?

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Lol don’t go too crazy.  BATB did 16M or so I believe and that had less upfront demand and opened in the spring.  I2 also played on Wednesday with double features and that gross was probably rolled into preview numbers

BATB definitely had upfront demand, it was targeting a classic midnight demo that gave Twilight, THG and HP large previews.

I2 is a four-quadrant film with massive family appeal that’s breaking a long drought of family movies.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Lol don’t go too crazy.  BATB did 16M or so I believe and that had less upfront demand and opened in the spring.  I2 also played on Wednesday with double features and that gross was probably rolled into preview numbers

Let's don't go too crazy then you compare Incredibles 2 OW DOM to Beauty and the Beast which did $175M OW DOM. That'd be an insanely great number for Inredibles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Incredible Panda said:

BATB definitely had upfront demand, it was targeting a classic midnight demo that gave Twilight, THG and HP large previews.

I2 is a four-quadrant film with massive family appeal that’s breaking a long drought of family movies.

Was BATB one of the most anticipated movies of all time that had people clamoring for it to happen for years and years?