Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

Just now, BourneFan #1 said:

What animated film could top this? Frozen 2? Shrek 5?

Shrek is dead, it’s been declining since the 2nd movie and the last 2 movies are divisive

Frozen... yeah maybe 

But i think TS4 have more chances... it’s been 9 years since TS3, TS3 was beloved by everyone, nostalgia will be present and marketing will be huge

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

Anyone want to take a stab at Tag's opening weekend?  It did the same number as Shallows in previews......Shallows opened to 16.8

I would say $17m which would be a hair above Game Night. Comedy is on a comeback and it won’t be long before we see a revival 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Shrek is dead, it’s been declining since the 2nd movie and the last 2 movies are divisive

Frozen... yeah maybe 

But i think TS4 have more chances... it’s been 9 years since TS3, TS3 was beloved by everyone except @baumer, nostalgia will be present and marketing will be huge

Fixed that for you :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

Yeah. DOM and possibly WW.

Probably domestic only. Do we have early overseas numbers?

lol. I forgot A: IW was released in April.

Edited by kayumanggi

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Frozen... yeah maybe 

But i think TS4 have more chances... it’s been 9 years since TS3, TS3 was beloved by everyone, nostalgia will be present and marketing will be huge

TS3 was the climax of the Andy story and many people are saying that TS4 is unnecessary so I don't think it will be as huge as TS3

Frozen 2 is harder to predict because we don't know anything about it

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Nah. Don’t even think $100M is locked tbh. Opening so close after Aladdin and Pets 2 will hurt it.

100M opening I think it'll get still, probably not much more than that, but it's still Toy Story after all. But yeah total might not be that good, next year is so packed throughout that every movie will be hurt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Disney 2018 > Disney 2019 Box Office calling it now.

Probably. It’ll be the first major 4 quad movie after 4vengers 4ever.

Nah. Don’t even think $100M is locked tbh. Opening so close after Aladdin and Pets 2 will hurt it.

I think the same $ 110M TS3 did is the lowest it can go... it’s still one of the most beloved franchises of all time, and 9 years is enough to build nostalgia, they just need a good movie

Realistic i expect $ 150M OW, but i really think it has a shot in $ 200M if the movie delivered quality 

But i could see Pets 2 decreasing from the first

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

This is why I said JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM would fall hard from the first one. Both can coexist but this movie is the top family film of the summer.

I bet Universal is kicking themselves for not releasing JW day and date

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

JW and IO coexisted just fine. I think JWFK will easily do $150M+ OW DOM.

They did. But this time, THE INCREDIBLES II would be the one on top and JW:FK would do 300 M-ish.