Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

20 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

I believe mine was 

escapetowitchmountain08.jpg

My dad fell asleep at the drive-in taking me to see Star Wars the first time.

Thank goodness some fellow 70s kids - I cannot believe how young so many posters are on here.  I remember those movies - Witch Mountain right?

• Like 2

The Good Dinausor CGIs are insane though, the most spectacular Pixar film by far, released just before Jungle Book that did about the same thing visually, except for the animals & the kid of course.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I saw that one as well. I refuse to watch the bastardized remake starring The Rock.

Disney pumped out a lot of live action flicks for children and families back then while letting their animation department wither. I think The Rescuers and a few years later The Fox and the Hound were the only "new" Disney animated movies I remember seeing as a kid. They regularly re-released all of their classics, though and I think I saw almost all of them.

I remember The Aristocats & Robin Hood that's about it but yeah they had lots of live action movies for kids.

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2018/06/incredibles-2-tag-superfly-weekend-box-office-1202411262/

175M + weekend as per Deadline

IM3 is going down

3rd Update, Friday PM: Incredibles 2 isn’t just a sequel to an animated film, it’s a sequel to an A+ four-quad movie and it’s acting like the latter pulling in everyone, largely adults with general audiences accounting for 57% of the audience. Note that parents are only repping 12% of the crowd per PostTrak with 31% kids. That’s why we’re seeing this superhero-sized opening which is now at $175.3M. That figure alone is 67% of Incredibles’ $261.4M lifetime domestic gross. With Incredibles 2Pixar earns its 7th A+ CinemaScore out of 20 full-length theatrical releases.

The one piece of counter-programming that is working is Warner Bros./Village Roadshow’s Ocean’s 8 which teed up quite wonderfully last weekend and will see a second frame that’s $20.4M, -51% for a running total of $80M

Edited by oMeriMombatti

Oh, I missed the A+ CinemaScope. Not surprising, but bodes nicely for legs nonetheless.              

Pretty incredible that the 3 largest films of the year could all be Disney superhero flicks with an average cinema score closer to A+ than A.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Frozen 2 is the only one of those I'm 100% sure on not hitting 600. All the others stand a chance at least. Fanbase is far too limited now to a certain demo and the gap is very awkward. Too long to really capitalize on the height of popularity, too soon to capitalize on nostalgia.  

LOL..Frozen was MASSIVE especially after its theatrical run. Easily the biggest Disney Animation movie since TLK..

Edited by XO21
  • Like 3

largely adults with general audiences accounting for 57% of the audience. Note that parents are only repping 12% of the crowd per PostTrak with 31% kids. 

The family % will probably go up tomorrow but that non parental adult % is going to make for a closer to SH movie internal multiple than an animated one. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The family % will probably go up tomorrow but that non parental adult % is going to make for a closer to SH movie internal multiple than an animated one. 

We'll need to see the demo breakdowns for the whole weekend. But, yes, I very much agree with this...