Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

7 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Cut/not involved with AIW and it will finish just south of $700M.

Not involved with MIF and it will finish over $200M.

The "star" of Tag and it will finish around $40M.

Renner's career is anything but hot.

@LonePirate has been threadbanned for 24 hours due to ignorance of Hawkguy’s glory.

• Like 1

That AIW saturday jump is atrocious. 

Possibility of higher actuals?

Incredibles 2 may be an animated movie but it's a sequel, so I don't see how it could reach a 4+ multi. Then again... who knows

• Like 3

Reading all these wild predictions about TLK gives me the same “twilight zone” feeling that I had with the inifinity war predictions only the opposite, when everybody was going crazy over IW on the internet except in this forum. Now TLK is being treated here like avatar 2 or whatever, is this a U.S thing or something because I don’t know any kid giving a shit about the original lion king (kids these days play GTA and watch superhero films) and most adults don’t even know what it is, and no they don’t have any affection towards the original lion king like they have for LOTR or Star Wars e.t.c 

I guess this forum has actually created some anticipation to me to see how TLK will perform WORLDWIDE (not just in the U.S, worldwide is where it’s at when talking about b.o) because I think all these predictions are simply crazy talk, just like the Mary  poppins talk (again not seeing anybody caring about mary poppins) . Will keep an eye on these two, because I am really curious now....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

I really don't get people who say there isn't a hook for Avengers 4.  Marketing for A4 is simple.

Trailer 1: Group shot of the original 6 Avengers.

Trailer 2: Group shot of every Avenger.

Check the pre-opening IW threads and clubs and what most were saying here (and with very strong conviction) and you will get your answer. Again we are slowly entering bizzaro  world again....

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, L Silverman said:

Hahaha, just saw the trailer for Alpha.  I needed that good laugh.  Only thing missing was a "Based on a True Story" tag!

The tag line should be Based on debunked archaeological, anthropological & scientific theory

• Haha 1

https://deadline.com/2018/06/eating-animals-wont-you-be-my-neighbor-rbg-specialty-box-office-1202412225/

Word of mouth is also propelling Won’t You Be My Neighbor? The emotionally resonant portrait of Rogers, directed by Oscar winner Morgan Neville, is on a path toward some eye-popping numbers by documentary standards.

“We’re seeing more and more with the film’s word of mouth that audiences are grabbing on to this idea of radical kindness that Mister Rogers lived both on screen and off,” said Focus distribution president Lisa Bunnell, who added that 100% of adults rated the film in the top two boxes and 96% listed it as a definite recommend. “Morgan’s film brings hope to people when we need it in our culture right now.” 

Holy shit :ohmygod:

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

50 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Reading all these wild predictions about TLK gives me the same “twilight zone” feeling that I had with the inifinity war predictions only the opposite, when everybody was going crazy over IW on the internet except in this forum. Now TLK is being treated here like avatar 2 or whatever, is this a U.S thing or something because I don’t know any kid giving a shit about the original lion king (kids these days play GTA and watch superhero films) and most adults don’t even know what it is, and no they don’t have any affection towards the original lion king like they have for LOTR or Star Wars e.t.c 

I guess this forum has actually created some anticipation to me to see how TLK will perform WORLDWIDE (not just in the U.S, worldwide is where it’s at when talking about b.o) because I think all these predictions are simply crazy talk, just like the Mary  poppins talk (again not seeing anybody caring about mary poppins) . Will keep an eye on these two, because I am really curious now....

It did almost 1 Billon WW in 1994. It's sold more tickets to any first run animated movie in the U.S.  (74m)  It's re-release a decade ago did $100m+ (and for a running 89m admissions total) domestic 

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=lionking.htm&adjust_yr=2018&p=.htm

The Lion King (1994)

Domestic Total Adj. Gross: $683,559,300
Domestic Lifetime Adj. Gross: $816,581,200

Total Lifetime Grosses (Unadjusted)
Domestic:  $422,783,777    43.7%
Foreign:  $545,700,000    56.3%

Worldwide:  $968,483,777  

Home Media (U.S.)

1995: VHS release - 4.5m copies first day/ 30m before 1997 moratorium
2003: VHS % DVD Platinum Edit - 2m copies first day

Est DVD & BR Revenue from 2011 re-release on (not including earlier releases or VHS sales)
https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Lion-King-The#tab=video-sales

Est. Domestic DVD Sales    $104,911,118    
Est. Domestic Blu-ray Sales    $111,131,886    
Total Est. Domestic Video Sales    $216,043,004    

Top Broadway Musicals of all time

https://www.thewrap.com/top-grossing-broadway-musicals-kinky-boots-lion-king-hamilton/

1. "The Lion King"  Opened: Nov. 13, 1997  Closed: Still running  Gross to date: $1.48 billion

($47m+ this year alone so far on Broadway)

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The Lion King is imo probably the most obvious contender for the title of most beloved movie of all time.

You guys never fail to amaze me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The Lion King is imo probably the most obvious contender for the title of most beloved movie of all time.

Just now, Ranger Tree said:

You guys never fail to amaze me.

right? what short memories we have "most beloved movie"? roman j israel was only last year guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

That AIW saturday jump is atrocious. 

Possibility of higher actuals?

Incredibles 2 may be an animated movie but it's a sequel, so I don't see how it could reach a 4+ multi. Then again... who knows

Shrek 2 says hi. And before anyone plays the "way lower OW" card, not really. Adjusts to 159m with no 3d or PLF. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

right? what short memories we have "most beloved movie"? roman j israel was only last year guys.

Oh snap, i forgot that one! Your absolutely right, ABSOLUTELY :ohmygod: