Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

1 minute ago, Ranger Tree said:

Why? China box office users are saying it will just be like a normal pixar/animation film (which is usually sub 40m)

Eh, no? They are not saying that. They are saying it will not do Coco numbers but the buzz is way better than other Pixar movies

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

At first I thought Grinch would have the chance of doing $400M, seriously wondering if it could miss $200M now. (Them again Illumination is known for their aggressive marketing)

I2 dom > Grinch ww :huh:

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

Just now, DAJK said:

Dammit I’ve been predicting 400M for it for the past year or so

It just looks awful tbh. Though i think that of every Illumination movie so...well :lol:

4 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

Why? China box office users are saying it will just be like a normal pixar/animation film (which is usually sub 40m)

Really? I haven't paid attention lately so they could be right. My reasoning was that Dory's performance wasn't great, and Incredibles comes after Coco and is a superhero film, plus it seems early online ratings (From people seeing it overseas) indicated potentially better WOM in China. 

Edited by NCsoft

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOP predictions and TCs: https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-ant-man-wasp-updates-early-look-meg/

The Meg: 14/37 (OW range of 10-20M)

Nothing for Dog Days

Ant-Man: 77/205 (-8/-9%) (OW range of 65-85M)

Sicario: 2,700

Uncle Drew: 2,200

The Meg is severely under predicted. Even The shallows opened with more than that.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think it can crack $200m but OS might be iffy because Doctor Seuss never does well OS, 

OS I’m thinking around $200M. Even though it’s Illumination it’s also Seuss.

• Like 1

Just now, NCsoft said:

Really? I haven't paid attention lately so they could be first. My reasoning was that Dory's performance wasn't great, and Incredibles comes after Coco and is a superhero film, plus it seems early online ratings (From people seeing it overseas) indicated potentially better WOM in China. 

Yeah, but Coco (as of now) looks like lightning in a bottle. Every Pixar movie besides it flopped in China. We shoudnt expect Incredibles to do much there, though it obviously would be a nice surprise.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Wtf, 18.5m is absurd for animation! This is either not going to play like an animated movie whatsoever this weekend or it’s opening to 200+. Holy shit. 

It's opening like any superhero movie. 

I fully expect the Incredibles to crossover with the Avengers now.

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Dammit I’ve been predicting 400M for it for the past year or so

So have I now I’m thinking Lorax numbers but small OW. It’s not to late though Illumination always has an agressive marketing campaign. In AMC theaters, they have added Grinch bumpers in the middle of trailers and as @Blankments said, the audience surprisingly digged it.

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Seriously WDAS or Pixar should look into Marvel’s library for older not used characters and consider making movies of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

OS I’m thinking around $200M. Even though it’s Illumination it’s also Seuss.

$400-450m WW would be decent for a $75m budgeted film but it’d be way below what Illumination is capable of. Facing Ralph Breaks the Internet is also an issue

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

But it’s not any superhero movie though. It’s still animation. An insane preview number doesn’t change that. There will still be loads of walk ups from the family audience, who were probably barely part of the preview number. 200 is very much possible right now.

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Seriously WDAS or Pixar should look into Marvel’s library for older not used characters and consider making movies of them.

They did already with Big Hero 6. 

WAG are working on DC films, I think Metal Men or Captain Carrot would be ideal projects since they’re properties which lend themselves to animation 

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

$400-450m WW would be decent for a $75m budgeted film but it’d be way below what Illumination is capable of. Facing Ralph Breaks the Internet is also an issue

I also am starting wonder about Ralph 2. Not buying the whole $300M+ wave. There’s a lot of family films November/December. BH6 to Moana numbers seem right.

However as previously stated wondering if Spiderverse becomes a dark house. Might open to $30M and legs it to $200M+.

• Like 1

18.5m is almost exactly like 18.7m of Avengers. Given Avengers wasn't that frontloaded for a superhero movie, it seems like a decent middle ground between the super-frontloaded supers and the not-to-rush animations.

I think it follows The Avengers OW almost exactly now.

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

But it’s not any superhero movie though. It’s still animation. An insane preview number doesn’t change that. There will still be loads of walk ups from the family audience, who were probably barely part of the preview number. 200 is very much possible right now.

Would you have a meltdown if @The Incredible Panda is right on ALL fronts and this goes to 700M, outgrossing BOTH IW and BP?