Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Grinch feels like it's falling more and more into the Solo camp of "Who asked for this?", without any interesting hook as time goes on.

We already got two other enormously popular adaptations; an animated one that's beloved and airs every Christmas, and a movie one that's considered fine and also airs every Christmas. Doesn't help stuff like Ralph and Beasts have strong trailer views and better hooks to make audiences interested.

Not to mention it won’t have the benefit of Christmas legs either due to how many new openers.

• Like 1

The first Incredibles movie wasn't more popular than Nemo. But it had a more wide appeal and that's why this sequel was always meant to do more than Dory. It is the most four-quadrant film I can quite think of. The kids and their moms will always go and watch those big flicks but when you can also get teens and young adults to appear that's when the explosion happens. 

Just as it was said, this feels more like a blockbaster than a toon.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Totally anecdotal but don't discount Jurassic World. I was getting my hair done at someone's house yesterday who has 3 kids from around 9-12 and a commercial for Incredibles 2 came on. I was telling them about how I loved the first one and how I was excited to see the sequel and they hadn't even seen the first Incredibles and were looking more forward to Jurassic World lmao 

Anecdotal as well but that's the one movie that folks I know that never see movies are planning to see this summer. Jurassic Park flicks have a weird magnetic force about them. Well, maybe not Jurassic Park III. But outside of that unwanted sequel the others all adjust to $460M+ DOM. These movies are gargantuan stateside. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

The first Incredibles movie wasn't more popular than Nemo. But it had a more wide appeal and that's why this sequel was always meant to do more than Dory. It is the most four-quadrant film I can quite think of. The kids and their moms will always go and watch those big flicks but when you can also get teens and young adults to appear that's when the explosion happens. 

Just as it was said, this feels more like a blockbaster than a toon.

Not to mention as many have been saying, the only animated movie to do over $100M this year was Peter Rabbit which only had such great legs due to how barren it was for families. Families have been starved for animation, sure they were IW and Panther but they were limited by their PG-13 rating.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pepsa said:

If this opens to $200m DOM we can't excluse $700m DOM and it's out opening FD in every market atm FD did $550m OS so it could do $650m - $700m

Also Incredibles 2 should quite easily outperform Dory's China performance, which wasn't great (38M), Dory's oversea performance was underwhelming in a lot of cases. 

Edited by NCsoft

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If Incredibles out opened dory I wouldn't post until MI comes out

Hold your ground. You'll find out whether you lost or not on Monday actuals, and not before. :) 

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

Also Incredibles 2 should quite easily outperform Dory's China performance, which wasn't great.

Why? China box office users are saying it will just be like a normal pixar/animation film (which is usually sub 40m)

16 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

At first I thought Grinch would have the chance of doing $400M, seriously wondering if it could miss $200M now. (Them again Illumination is known for their aggressive marketing)

I think it can crack $200m but OS might be iffy because Doctor Seuss never does well OS, 

• Like 1