Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

1 minute ago, feasby007 said:

18.5m is almost exactly like 18.7m of Avengers. Given Avengers wasn't that frontloaded for a superhero movie, it seems like a decent middle ground between the super-frontloaded supers and the not-to-rush animations.

I think it follows The Avengers OW almost exactly now.

Avengers was May when schools were still in session

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Really? I haven't paid attention lately so they could be right. My reasoning was that Dory's performance wasn't great, and Incredibles comes after Coco and is a superhero film, plus it seems early online ratings (From people seeing it overseas) indicated potentially better WOM in China. 

Dory was pretty standard for animation definitely not an underperformance.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Would you have a meltdown if @The Incredible Panda is right on ALL fronts and this goes to 700M, outgrossing BOTH IW and BP?

Lol, no. More like I'd be completely stunned that an animated movie today could actually contend with Shrek 2/TLK first run admissions. That was thought to be impossible in this day and age of animation saturation. Then again, I2 is a special case since there has been no real saturation this year, rather a drought, and it is more like how things were back in 2004 when Shrek 2 came out. Even still, a movie nearly doubling its predecessor's admissions when said predecessor sold 40m tickets would be absolutely absurd. Especially after 14 years. And yeah, Panda would have bragging right forever. 

IW already isn't going to take the DOM crown like I personally feel it deserves, so whether I2 beats it or not I didn't get what I wanted there anyways. 

• Like 2

Although I will also say it's impossibly hard to wrap my head around the idea that an event as massive as IW could end up #3 for the year. I mean holy shit what a year this would be in box office history. Would be 3 movies with 65-70m admissions in a 4 month span. Never even come close to something like that in box office history. 

EDIT: Looks like that's not entirely the case, as Sound of Music, Doctor Zhivago, and Thuderball all went 75m+ tickets in 1965. The latter two were released nearly the same day, though Music was 9 months prior. None of the three have any indications of re-releases either. 

Edited by MovieMan89

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lol, no. More like I'd be completely stunned that an animated movie today could actually contend with Shrek 2/TLK first run admissions. That was thought to be impossible in this day and age of animation saturation. Then again, I2 is a special case since there has been no real saturation this year, rather a drought, and it is more like how things were back in 2004 when Shrek 2 came out. Even still, a movie nearly doubling its predecessor's admissions when said predecessor sold 40m tickets would be absolutely absurd. Especially after 14 years. And yeah, Panda would have bragging right forever. 

IW already isn't going to take the DOM crown like I personally feel it deserves, so whether I2 beats it or not I didn't get what I wanted there anyways. 

Well IW will get $680m BP $701m so it's not like they are far apart. It's the same ballpark. If I2 beats IW but not BP that would mean it lands in that $21m spot between IW and BP.

If we end up with 3 Disney superhero movies released back-to-back-to-back in less than 4 months all passing Titanic to comprise 60% of the DOM top 5 my jaw is going to drop so far it’s no longer connected to my face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

That must be the OS-C number including Thursday. So it made roughly 9M on Thursday OS-C, which is solid given its a weekend-heavy movie.

ComScore/Screen Engine PostTrak exit polls for Incredibles 2 leaped tall buildings in a single bound with an overall 91% positive score, five stars, 80% definite recommend, with a Thursday night turnout of 30% females -25, 26% female 25+, 25% males -25, and 18% males 25+. The 18-24 demo was the biggest age group to show up at 35%, followed by 25-34 at 22% and then 13-17 at 20%.

• Like 10
  • Astonished 1