Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

13 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It's karma doing its job. Sure it made 600+, but only Clones among SW eps will have spent less time than TLJ in the DOM top 10 at this rate. Good job universe, perfectly balanced.

Christ you need to get laid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Seriously WDAS or Pixar should look into Marvel’s library for older not used characters and consider making movies of them.

lol fuck no. 

Are you not satisfied with the amount of superhero films already being released every year? Christ. 

• Like 1

With a preview number in the same general ballpark and similar cross-generational appeal, I'm hoping Incredibles 2 can swing something near Beauty and the Beast's near-$175 million opening. That said, the summer season is a different beast, so I'm trying not to be too bullish just yet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

With a preview number in the same general ballpark and similar cross-generational appeal, I'm hoping Incredibles 2 can swing something near Beauty and the Beast's near-$175 million opening. That said, the summer season is a different beast, so I'm trying not to be too bullish just yet.

Should be completely within reason to hit that. From the demo breakdown of previews, it looks like kids and families haven't even begun with this movie yet. So if it's getting that much teen/adult appeal already the numbers once we add its real target demo in could be insane. 

2 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Sanity, finally. 

I hope there are no meltdowns or idiotic disappointment labels thrown about later. 

I would love it if an animated movie finally did these zeitgeist numbers, but it's not the norm, so all these posts about $600m+, $700m+ etc. are premature jizzfests. 

Just now, BK007 said:

Sanity, finally. 

I hope there are no meltdowns or idiotic disappointment labels thrown about later. 

I would love it if an animated movie finally did these zeitgeist numbers, but it's not the norm, so all these posts about $600m+, $700m+ etc. are premature jizzfests. 

Anything above 150 will be insane for animation. That said, it's very unlikely it misses 170 with those previews. The previews aren't "the norm" so why would the OW be? 

13 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

Obviously a great  start for I2, but let's not get carried away yet. Let's see how much this works like an animated movie vs a superhero movie.

I do think it could dampen JW:FK next week a little if it really does explode. We've seen it time and time again that if a movie opens really large with strong WOM the next couple of weeks openings tend to suffer a little. BOP lowered their range for FK today to 125-145 for next week - though they kept their 130 prediction intact. A breakout I2 could affect the younger population for FK, especially since the ads for FK had focused more on the horror aspects of it.

How close is Disney to getting to 2B? They got to 1B so quickly with BP. Are they going to get there before the end of June even with TLJ, Solo and AWIT all underperforming?

They’ll pass 2B before JW opens, quite possibly. Should make a mockery of the previous fastest to 2B records.

1 hour ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Incredibles has an incredible following after its cinema run. More so than Finding Nemo and maybe second to only Lion King in terms of animated films. This number and the coming 600+ is just that following coming through. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5061436

Nemo and Lion King pretty much dwarf any other animation in video sales, Incredibles just lends itself better to a sequel as a concept, I think it's the only sequel people wanted out of PIXAR outside of Toy Story trilogy back in their golden age. Dory didn't have the same anticipation because a sequel to Finding Nemo didn't sound essential to a lot of people that loved the movie.

If Frozen 2 or Toy Story 4 drop from their predecessors doesn't mean shit for how beloved the previous movies continue to be. They just look like sequels with no real purpose and some people might not care to see them in theatres. I didn't care about watching Dory until a year after it came out and I have seen Nemo countless times.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Eevin said:

ok but who the hell could have thought at the start of the year that Disney could have THREE 200m+ weekends by the end of june

and they could ALL be bigger than solo’s total gross

The biggest opening weekend of 2016 was 179 m.

Lmao.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

The biggest opening weekend of 2016 was 179 m.

Lmao.

A film that caused the forum to go into a "MCU/Superhero movies are on the decline" phase for about a year. Lmao. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5