Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

1 hour ago, SteveJaros said:

Like my math that said Solo was going to be a massive bust months ago?

Anyway, this is a lame post, as I previously said I hope I2 does extremely well. I'm rooting for it to be as big as possible. I just think Jurassic could have a big impact. We'll see. 

How about JL > Thor + Coco

However I some what agree about FK, but it’s obvious this won’t stop at $400M.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveJaros said:

Like my math that said Solo was going to be a massive bust months ago?

Anyway, this is a lame post, as I previously said I hope I2 does extremely well. I'm rooting for it to be as big as possible. I just think Jurassic could have a big impact. We'll see. 

More like the same math that lowballs Disney films all the fucking time and usually faceplants hard in the wake of huge hits. You get one or two wins every now, but those aside, you rarely even come up close. Why the fuck would I2 stop at 400 when its got Summer weekdays, A+ CS, four-quad appeal and no competition coming off a 175+ opening?

• Like 2

Quick maths for a sec.

$71.6M Friday

$59M Saturday

$50.15M Sunday (-15% Saturday)

$180.75M OW

On a big side note, thank god I2 will beat that piece of shit, Beauty and The Beast remake.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Did anyone else get this "thank you for coming to the movies" thing from the cast and crew before their showings?

I did. IMHO they should have put it after Bao instead of before it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Did anyone else get this "thank you for coming to the movies" thing from the cast and crew before their showings?

I've gotten that several times in the last few years.

On one hand it's nice to hear from the cast and remember that people poured their heart and soul into this thing for months and even years, but on the other hand it does kind of feel like a shrewd ploy to make people feel good about going to the movies lol

• Like 1

There's a strong possibility that Incredibles 2 will end up higher than Star Wars Episode IX next year. Not so sure about last Jedi, but certainly IX. There's also a good chance that Toy Story 4 won't beat it. Nor will Frozen 2.

May as well make as much bank as possible on Pixar and Disney Animated this year and next because after next year, there's nothing scheduled. A 2020 release would have had to been started already.

8 minutes ago, jedijake said:

May as well make as much bank as possible on Pixar and Disney Animated this year and next because after next year, there's nothing scheduled. A 2020 release would have had to been started already.

Just looking, it appears there are two Pixar films (March and June) and one Disney Animated film (November) set for 2020. Unannounced titles doesn’t mean nothing is being worked on. These places have several films in the pipeline at any one time and they fill in the names on the schedule when one production is moving along faster than others. 

Edited by JeepCSC
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, jedijake said:

There's a strong possibility that Incredibles 2 will end up higher than Star Wars Episode IX next year. Not so sure about last Jedi, but certainly IX. There's also a good chance that Toy Story 4 won't beat it. Nor will Frozen 2.

Bar a significant wom breakout, Ep. IX may end on par or slightly O/U I2. TLJ is toast, though.

Toy Story 4 won't even sniff it. It's too surrounded with competition, and it's a completely unnecessary cash grab after the 3rd one which was a perfect cap-off for the series. But since TS3 made a billion dollars, gotta somehow crank out that 4th one. Bah.

Frozen 2 is a bigger question mark, but I'm pretty sure it won't beat I2, all things considered.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Again think both Frozen 2 and TS4 are going sub $400M. TS4 may not even reach $300M.

That's too harsh on both of them imo. Frozen 2 is the sequel to one of, if not the biggest pop culture juggernaut of this decade, and sequels to big original (Frozen wasn't really original, but you get what I mean) animated movies tend to be giants. Especially since F2 comes out on Thanksgiving, and it doesn't really have any competition throughout the remains of 2019. Call Of The Wind comes out on Christmas Day, but I don't see that appealing to the same audience as F2. Wonder Woman 1984 could take away some female interest, but it's still Frozen, so they'll cooperate just fine.

And while I agree that TS4 won't make 400, sub-300 is a stretch, even if it is an unnecessary sequel. TS3 is one of the most famous and beloved Pixar films of all time, so while 4 won't make as much, it'll still open north of 90 and leg it to 300+, as I don't see it having Cars sequels-type legs (unless it really sucks).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Again think both Frozen 2 and TS4 are going sub $400M. TS4 may not even reach $300M.

If TS4 does miss 300m it wont be by much, but I cant see it.  

Frozen is a prime 350m contender. 

• Like 1