sfran43

Tuesday's Numbers (JW 11.9, I2....10.2....Purge 2.5 previews)

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

How does the week work now? Do a lot of people have Thursday off? Or is it a regular work day?

Unless you planned your vacation/personal days to take a long w/e it's a regular work day.  :whip:

Thur #s should on avg come in a bit below Monday

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, CJohn said:

That First Purge number seems bad.

Need the full Wednesday number, but usually the mid-week openers are slightly muted so its not concerning yet, but really it is the 4th film in a franchise with a well worn pattern so how much better should it be doing?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I wonder what the next animated film to cross $500M will be? My bet is Shrek 5.

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I can't see it personally just because the sequels took away any good will or nostalgia unlike something like The Incredibles 2. Maybe a live action Shrek movie similar to what they did Beauty and the Beast or The Jungle Book could be big if done right but a fourth sequel? I'm not so sure. 

I'd say Toy Story 4 will, even if it's just to 501M.

Maybe Frozen 2 if they really make a good story and not just a "let's milk the cow" with a part 2 whatever. 

And definitely Shrek 5 will, if that's happening (again, with a good script, what i'm sure they will do if they get into that ship).

Shrek 5 is getting nowhere near $500m unless it is as groundbreaking as the original. The franchise ran itself into the ground and has to work its way back.

• Like 3

Shrek 5 has almost no chance to make $500, the franchise has decline a lot in the USA. It can rebound but not that much. Toy Story 4 has a great chance of doing $500 if it's really good as the third one. 

55 minutes ago, cookie said:

Shrek 5 is getting nowhere near $500m unless it is as groundbreaking as the original. The franchise ran itself into the ground and has to work its way back.

LIES.

Shrek is Love. Shrek is Life.

Shrek-as-Bane-shrek-36863120-300-387.jpg936.pngshrek.jpg?w=640

I think some of you here dont know how big of a Meme Shrek truly is. Memelords alone will lift Shrek 5 over 500M.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

54 minutes ago, seduh said:

Shrek 5 has almost no chance to make $500, the franchise has decline a lot in the USA. It can rebound but not that much. Toy Story 4 has a great chance of doing $500 if it's really good as the third one. 

TS4 is more likely to go under $300M than over $500M.

• Disbelief 1

It's pretty mind boggling how much Shrek 2 made back in 2004. Dunno if a Shrek 5 would make over $400M but the first four Shrek films are still the four highest grossing Dreamworks films in North America. Shrek 5 is a no brainier for Universal and it would be pretty easy to get the core cast back. 

Are people serious about these TS4 and Shrek 5 500 million predictions? This as bad as people predicting 200+ OW for GOTG3. 

I guess an argument can be made for TS4 but personally it seems like a sequel that nobody was begging for. TS3 was the perfect ending.

And Shrek 5....lol. I enjoyed the 4th one but yea...no.