WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

Just now, LonePirate said:

Yes. Holland, Olsen and Brolin were the only ones who delivered good performances. The core Avengers crew and the recent additions were pretty much all bored out of their minds (especially RDJ and Cumberbatch) or were horrible (Pratt). The movie was a slog and Part II will only illustrate that point even more.

Zoe Saldana acted her freaking ass off in IW.

I don’t know why I’m even responding to you, but whatever. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think Pratt was the only one who felt a little out of his element cause he's a way better comedic actor than dramatic and IW leans heavier on drama than GOTG movies. Everyone else did exactly what was required of them and/or more IMO.

@WrathOfHan got this for you early for once:

16x:

Mission: Impossible – Fallout: Black Panther, Annihilation, Ready Player One, Black Panther Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War, A Quiet Place, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3, Deadpool 2, Book Club, Action Point, Adrift, Ocean’s 8, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Tag, Sicario: Day of the Soldado

11x:

The Grinch: Isle of Dogs, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Deadpool 2, Show Dogs, Ocean’s 8, Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Incredibles 2 Round 4

10x:

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Early Man, Peter Rabbit, A Wrinkle in Time, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Show Dogs, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Ant-Man and the Wasp

9x:

The Darkest Minds: Blockers, A Quiet Place, Tully, Deadpool 2, Action Point, Adrift, Hereditary, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp

8x:

Christopher Robin: A Wrinkle in Time, Love, Simon, Isle of Dogs, Book Club, Show Dogs, Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3

7x:

Venom: Black Panther, Game Night, Black Panther Round 2, Blockers, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3

6x:

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!: The Post, Love, Simon, Tully, Book Club, Adrift, Ocean’s 8

Smallfoot: Paddington 2, Early Man, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Black Panther, Game Night Round 2, Black Panther Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Tag, Incredibles 2 Round 4

5x:

Alpha: Dunkirk Round 2, Geostorm, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Last Flag Flying

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: Peter Rabbit, Love, Simon, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Ready Player One, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Searching: Book Club, Adrift, Hotel Artemis, Hereditary, Tag

Crazy Rich Asians: Adrift, Hotel Artemis, Ocean’s 8, Tag, Ocean’s 8 Round 2

Bumblebee: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Ant-Man and the Wasp

4x:

Teen Titans Go! To The Movies!: Paddington 2, Peter Rabbit, Show Dogs, Incredibles 2

The Meg: Deadpool 2, Hereditary, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Bad Times at the El Royale: Hotel Artemis, Ocean’s 8, Tag, Ocean’s 8 Round 2

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: Ready Player One, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp

The Spy Who Dumped Me: Ocean’s 8, Tag, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp

3x:

Duck Duck Goose: My Little Pony: The Movie, Wonder, Coco

Alita: Battle Angel: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4

Mortal Engines: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, The Commuter, A Wrinkle in Time

Can You Ever Forgive Me?: Unsane, Isle of Dogs, Book Club

Dog Days: Show Dogs, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3

Sorry to Bother You: Blockers, Deadpool 2, Deadpool 2 Round 2

The First Purge: Deadpool 2, Hereditary, Deadpool 2 Round 2

Skyscraper: Pacific Rim: Uprising, Action Point, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Bohemian Rhapsody: Deadpool 2, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Operation Finale: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Sicario: Day of the Soldado

A Star is Born: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Sicario: Day of the Soldado

A-X-L: Show Dogs, Incredibles 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day

The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2

Eighth Grade: Love, Simon, Isle of Dogs

The Happytime Murders: Action Point, Superfly

Mile 22: Adrift, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

The Nun: Superfly, Tag

Night School: Blockers, Tag

The Girl in the Spider’s Web: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2

White Boy Rick: Superfly, Sicario: Day of the Soldado

The Equalizer 2: Superfly, Sicario: Day of the Soldado

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: The Greatest Showman, Ant-Man and the Wasp

1x:

The Current War: Wind River

Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Early Man

Mary Poppins Returns: A Wrinkle in Time

Blindspotting: Tully

Johnny English Strikes Again: Tully

A Simple Favor: Adrift

Peppermint: Adrift

City of Lies: Hotel Artemis

Widows: Superfly

Creed 2: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

BlacKkKlansman: Sicario: Day of the Soldado

Kin: Sicario: Day of the Soldado

First Man: Sicario: Day of the Soldado

The Predator: Sicario: Day of the Soldado

The House with a Clock in Its Walls: Ant-Man and the Wasp

Dumbo: Ant-Man and the Wasp

• Like 1

Just now, Blankments said:

@WrathOfHan got this for you early for once:

16x:

Mission: Impossible – Fallout: Black Panther, Annihilation, Ready Player One, Black Panther Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War, A Quiet Place, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3, Deadpool 2, Book Club, Action Point, Adrift, Ocean’s 8, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Tag, Sicario: Day of the Soldado

Reveal hidden contents

8:

Mission: Impossible – Fallout (Black Panther, Annihilation, A Quiet Place, Avengers: Infinity War, Ready Player One, Breaking In, Upgrade, Hereditary)

6:

Alpha (Hitman’s Bodyguard, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok, Downsizing, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Isle of Dogs)

The Darkest Minds (A Quiet Place, Ready Player One, Blockers, Breaking In, Upgrade, Hereditary)

5:

Ant-Man and the Wasp (Black Panther, Rampage, Deadpool 2, Upgrade, Solo: A Star Wars Story)

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (The Greatest Showman, The Post, Love, Simon, Breaking In, Ocean’s 😎

4:

Venom (Black Panther, Game Night, Blockers, Deadpool 2)

3:

Night School (Blockers, Breaking In, Tag)

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Love, Simon, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2)

2:

Alita: Battle Angel (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle)

Can You Ever Forgive Me? (Unsane, Isle of Dogs)

Dr. Suess’ The Grinch (Isle of Dogs, Incredibles 2)

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Isle of Dogs, Avengers: Infinity War)

The First Purge (Upgrade, Hereditary)

The Meg (Upgrade, Hereditary)

Polaroid (Wind River, mother!)

The Spy Who Dumped Me (Ready Player One, Tag)

1:

Spoiler

BlacKkKlansman (Upgrade)

Bumblebee (Incredibles 2)

The Current War (Wind River)

Dog Days (Incredibles 2)

Duck Duck Goose (The LEGO Ninjago Movie)

Eighth Grade (Isle of Dogs)

The Equalizer 2 (Solo: A Star Wars Story)

The Girl in the Spider’s Web (Ocean’s 😎

The Happytime Murders (Tag)

The House with a Clock in Its Walls (Ready Player One)

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Incredibles 2)

Kin (Hereditary)

The Little Stranger (Hereditary)

Mortal Engines (The Commuter)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

The Nun (Tag)

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (The Greatest Showman)

Peppermint (Ocean’s 😎

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 (Incredibles 2)

Searching (Hereditary)

Serenity (Tag)

Skyscraper (Rampage)

Smallfoot (Coco)

A Star Is Born (Ocean’s 😎

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies (Rampage)

Unfriended: Dark Web (Upgrade)

Widows (Ocean’s 😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Oh, and btw.....I saw I2..... my reaction:

original.jpg

well in that case i'm glad you didn't see the original because i definitely thought you'd be more into 2 than 1 lol

Did you at least dig the action?

3 hours ago, Blankments said:

well in that case i'm glad you didn't see the original because i definitely thought you'd be more into 2 than 1 lol

Did you at least dig the action?

Honestly, no.  I think maybe at this point I'm under MK Ultra powers.  it just seems like there is nothing Pixar puts out that I truly enjoy.  Inside Out is the one exception.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Yes. Holland, Olsen and Brolin were the only ones who delivered good performances. The core Avengers crew and the recent additions were pretty much all bored out of their minds (especially RDJ and Cumberbatch) or were horrible (Pratt). The movie was a slog and Part II will only illustrate that point even more.

.........you DEFINITELY saw a different movie than I did.

• Like 2

https://deadline.com/2018/07/ant-man-and-the-wasp-opening-box-office-overperform-marvel-1202422128/

Ant-Man and the Wasp at this moment is flying toward a $85M-$95M opening, which is spectrum between Doctor Strange ($85M) and Guardians of the Galaxy ($94.3M). Today is looking around $35M with that $11.2M included in that figure. These are industry estimates, not from Disney. Typical with Marvel, we’re often looking at a higher result by Friday night, even by Saturday night.

• Like 10

More or less expected. Would be very cool if we could see it increase to 40 for the day, but I think an increase that big is very unlikely considering the 11.5 previews are from the heart of summer rather than a time when schools/colleges are in session.

• Like 1

Man, down to 11.2? Crumbling.      

Looks like a solid true Friday though.   

Also, it appears I finally have a new addition to my ignore list, think it should improve my weekend threads a fair bit.