WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

if jw2 does 28.75 this weekend and then adds 2.2x the weekend to it's cume, it gets to ~396.8 dom. can't see universal leaving it there if something like this does happen. adding 2.2x the 3rd weekend (where it lost the premium screens) should not be difficult.

35 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Destroyed a DVD of The Cat in the Hat with my friends today.  Here's what remains of it.

vwngGQc.jpg

A noble deed was done today

Dr Seuss smiles at you from his grave.  You may even be able to resurrect him if you destroy The Lorax, Horton Hears a Who, How the Grinch Stole Christmas and stop Illumination from releasing their new grinch movie.

Edited by Pandamia!
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Hilarious number for The Purge. Also, how is a movie gonna pull 30M from an 8M Friday in the Summer? DHD is madness.

5 day my man. It’s gonna more than double it’s production budget by Sunday lol

Im sure you were just being sarcastic; right? 

Don’t ban me 

So according to Variety, the box office is booming and is way ahead of 2017. But I’d say that has a lot to do with studios releasing quality films and marketing them properly more than anything else. A lot of critical hits and even the ones that aren’t critical hits, have been playing well with audiences. 

Last summer had a lot of mediocre/bad films released and this year it’s not the case. 

So it’s no surprise that the box office is booming. That and #MoviePass’sImpact 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Infinity war 11/10

black panther 9/10

gotg2 8.5/10

thor3 8.5/10

civil war 9/10 

dr.strange 8/10

spider man homecoming 7.5/10

After a so-so second phase (with winter soldier being the standout film by far), third phase has been an absolute win for marvel studios .

Wait, aren't you the guy who called black panther over rated?

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, YLF said:

luckily it isnt humid in la/socal. that would make it much worse

Oh it's awful - did my errands early in the morning & was still dripping sweat at 8 in the morning - just horrible.

• Astonished 1

35 fri, 85+ ow THR

In yet another victory for Disney and Marvel, the latest summer tentpole is on course to gross an estimated $35 million on Friday for a projected domestic debut of $85 million or more, including $11.5 million in Thursday-evening previews, according to early returns.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

On that Incredibles 2 estimate, we know it's getting double billed with AM&TW and it's currently ahead of Fallen Kingdom on MT, 19.7% vs. 15%. Fallen Kingdom no longer has higher ticket prices due to losing premiere formats, so on the face it seems like I2 will be comfortably ahead of it today.

I'm also guessing the trades are giving films better IMs than are likely; Saturday increases when July 4th falls midweek are historically weak.