WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

23 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

How many of the best action movies ever are 90 minutes? Serious question.

Movies like Terminator 2, Die Hard, etc. certainly aren't.

Road Warrior. The Driver. Commando. RoboCop and The Raid are 100 minutes.

You're right of course that there's plenty of great action movies that are closer to 2 hours or even longer. I was simplifying to make the point that in the modern blockbuster landscape it'd be refreshing to see something lean and mean as opposed to overstuffed. 

• Like 2

Scalding hot take: Fallen Kingdom is one of the worst films of the last couple years, and Bayona's direction has become incredibly overrated because it's not a total dumpster fire like the rest of the film.

His attempt to make it an effective horror film in the last act pale in comparison to the raptor segments of the first Jurassic Park.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Scalding hot take: Fallen Kingdom is one of the worst films of the last couple years, and Bayona's direction has become incredibly overrated because it's not a total dumpster fire like the rest of the film.

His attempt to make it an effective horror film in the last act pale in comparison to the raptor segments of the first Jurassic Park.

People that like FK need to watch it again. I liked it at first but I was bored to death rewatching it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

People that like FK need to watch it again. I liked it at first but I was bored to death rewatching it.

I don’t think a film I originally gave a 4.5/5 is gonna have a drastic rating shift by watching the same movie again.

Skyscraper's running time is very surprising. 93 minutes without credits...

I think only John Wick ( the first one ) comes close. Without credits, John Wick was 94-95 minutes long, but the story is pretty much simple.  

I can only remember the old Steven Seagal movies. Most of them were 90-100 minutes long.  At worst, we have the Resident Evil movies, which share similar running time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I've seen like 20 movies from 2018 (although I skipped Tomb Raider and Pac Rim 2) and this is still the dumbest moment of the year.

I thought it was the dumbest you’ve ever witnessed?

Also you should watch 15:17 to Paris which features a 20-25 minute scene of their vacation in Europe.  jk don’t waste your time it’s horrible.

47 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Ranking of MCU phase 3 movies:

Panther > GOTGV2 > IW > TR > AMATW > DS > SMH > CW

We are doing rankings now?! 

TR>GOTG2>IW>BP>SMH>CW>AMATW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DS 

*Note I haven’t watched AMATW but I know I already know it’s that much better than Doctor Strange.* 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-mission-impossible-fallout-still-course-60m-debut-skyscraper-equalizer-2-teen-titans-go-movies-updates/

Equalizer and Teen Titans got boosted while Skyscraper went down.

TCs:

The Equalizer: 3,200

Mamma Mia!: 3,100

Unfriended: 1,900

That's a low TC for both Mamma Mia! and The Equalizer. 

Interesting that BO.com thinks TTG will make more than both The Meg and CRA. I can't imagine the budget for TTG is high at all so $55-60m total would be seen as a success. 

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Skyscraper's running time is very surprising. 93 minutes without credits...

I think only John Wick ( the first one ) comes close. Without credits, John Wick was 94-95 minutes long, but the story is pretty much simple.  

I can only remember the old Steven Seagal movies. Most of them were 90-100 minutes long.  At worst, we have the Resident Evil movies, which share similar running time.

It's only 5 minutes shorter than Rampage and TBH you can tell a story in that amount of time, we've seen with animated films and films like Sully.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Interesting that BO.com thinks TTG will make more than both The Meg and CRA. I can't imagine the budget for TTG is high at all so $55-60m total would be seen as a success. 

Equalizer’s TC is expected, but I’m very surprised Mamma Mia! isn’t going in 3,500+.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

TTG I’m honestly thinking Emoji movie numbers. The Meg, I actually can see a small chance at $100M and CFA could also do $100M. Either or WB will have a nice summer off of these movies.

50 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

How many of the best action movies ever are 90 minutes? Serious question.

First Blood is 93 minutes

Rambo: First Blood Part II is 96 minutes

The Road Warrior is 96 minutes

Commando is 90 minutes

Basically the 80s knew how to keep them short and sweet

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Equalizer’s TC is expected, but I’m very surprised Mamma Mia! isn’t going in 3,500+.

Maybe Universal isn't confident, it's going to be big OS so domestic isn't going to matter.

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

TTG I’m honestly thinking Emoji movie numbers. The Meg, I actually can see a small chance at $100M and CFA could also do $100M. Either or WB will have a nice summer off of these movies.

If TTG does Emoji numbers then it'll profitable from domestic alone, I'm not confident on The Meg but I think CRA could be a modest success. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 2