WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Ranking of MCU phase 3 movies:

Panther > GOTGV2 > IW > TR > AMATW > DS > SMH > CW

IW>CW>TR>AMATW>BP>GOTG2>SMH>DS    

AM&tW’s position still flexible though, need time to let it marinate — could go up or down 1.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

Infinity war 11/10

black panther 9/10

gotg2 8.5/10

thor3 8.5/10

civil war 9/10 

dr.strange 8/10

spider man homecoming 7.5/10

After a so-so second phase (with winter soldier being the standout film by far), third phase has been an absolute win for marvel studios .

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Ranking of MCU phase 3 movies:

Panther > GOTGV2 > IW > TR > AMATW > DS > SMH > CW

Havent seen AMATW yet, but my ranking would be:

BP => TR => SMH >>> IW > GOTG2 > DS >>> CW

• Like 1

People need to watch more movies if they think IW was anything more than mediocre. Too many of the actors phoned in their performances. Many scenes were redundant while others were flat out boring. Worse yet, Part II is guaranteed to make Part I a pointless waste of time. Raise your standards, people!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 2

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

People need to watch more movies if they think IW was anything more than mediocre. Too many of the actors phoned in their performances. Many scenes were redundant while others were flat out boring. Worse yet, Part II is guaranteed to make Part I a pointless waste of time. Raise your standards, people!

To each their own, but are you sure you're talking about Infinity War? Cause phoned in performances are the last thing that ran my mind when it came to criticisms of that movie.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 6

Just now, LonePirate said:

People need to watch more movies if they think IW was anything more than mediocre.

I watched about 100 movies last year, and IW is better than 80% of them. Ya mad?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

That’s so cute...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Or people have perfectly fine standards and still found IW to be really good? 

People have different opinions than you. Imagine that. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

The only thing I’m raising is my middle finger.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Or people just have different opinions on the movies they like? 

I saw IW with my dad, my ten year old superhero crazed cousin, and my mum who hates 9/10 of all comic book movies. I loved it, my mom liked it, my cousin was bored and my dad really disliked it. None of our opinions are any more valid than others, yet all 4 of us thought different things about the movie. That's just the way it is.

Makes for a more interesting car ride home too IMO than if all of us straight up loved it or straight up hated it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Road Warrior. The Driver. Commando. RoboCop and The Raid are 100 minutes.

You're right of course that there's plenty of great action movies that are closer to 2 hours or even longer. I was simplifying to make the point that in the modern blockbuster landscape it'd be refreshing to see something lean and mean as opposed to overstuffed. 

First Blood and Rambo are both about 95 minutes.  They are two of the greatest action films I've ever seen.  As you mentioned, sometimes it's just good to have a film get right to the point.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Stay pressed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

To each their own, but are you sure you're talking about Infinity War? Cause phoned in performances are the last thing that ran my mind when it came to criticisms of that movie.

Yes. Holland, Olsen and Brolin were the only ones who delivered good performances. The core Avengers crew and the recent additions were pretty much all bored out of their minds (especially RDJ and Cumberbatch) or were horrible (Pratt). The movie was a slog and Part II will only illustrate that point even more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I watched about 100 movies last year, and IW is better than 80% of them. Ya mad?

3 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

That’s so cute...

I don't care for a lot of Marvel films and I thought IW was flat out awesome.  There was nothing phoned in about any of the performances.  And the acting and direction and tone was just terrific.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1