WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

So according to Variety, the box office is booming and is way ahead of 2017. But I’d say that has a lot to do with studios releasing quality films and marketing them properly more than anything else. A lot of critical hits and even the ones that aren’t critical hits, have been playing well with audiences. 

Last summer had a lot of mediocre/bad films released and this year it’s not the case. 

So it’s no surprise that the box office is booming. That and #MoviePass’sImpact 

Well that and... BP and AIW which combined represent 22% of Dom B.O. so far this year.

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Well that and... BP and AIW which combined represent 22% of Dom B.O. so far this year.

If they were bad movies would they have made what they did though? 

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don’t buy these high Sicario numbers. It would need a massive increase to hit 8-9M.

Agree, even a 50% Friday jump wouldn't get it to $8m.   

That  I2  $35m from Variety would also require a much larger than usual 50%+ jump

I don't think they're accounting for Holiday week + lower summer internal multipliers

• Like 1

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Agree, even a 50% Friday jump wouldn't get it to $8m.   

That  I2  $35m from Variety would also require a much larger than usual 50%+ jump

I don't think they're accounting for Holiday week + lower summer internal multipliers

Yeah. Especially going by my own ancedotal evidence, Sicario is going to be dropping in the mid-60s

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I might just have to leave the forum after this. It is untoppable. 

according to Word, it was 22,779 repetitions of the word trash yesterday, 82,775 today. Gotta go for six figures next time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

[snip just in case]

When I saw this post I was deathly afraid it was gonna be as long as your other post but nope.  This is a very short post by CJohn standards.  It's the equivalent of Michael Bay making an 80 minute Transformers movie.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1