WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

Universal’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom eyeing $8.5M today, a 3rd weekend near $30M in 2nd place, -51% and a running total of $334.7M.

Disney/Pixar’s Incredibles 2 notching $8M Friday, $26.5M fouth weekend in third and a $501.8M stateside gross; the highest grossing Pixar movie ever in U.S./Canada.

Universal/Blumhouse’s The First Purge is expected to take fourth with a $16.6M 3-day, $30.5M 5-day. Today should be around $6M.

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

Honestly, no.  I think maybe at this point I'm under MK Ultra powers.  it just seems like there is nothing Pixar puts out that I truly enjoy.  Inside Out is the one exception.

I gotcha. To me, it's the best action movie since John Wick 2 and maybe the best depiction of superpowers in movies yet, but I totally get why you might not be into it. I'd recommend Coco but I feel like that might fall under the "unearned emotion" critique I see from you on most Pixar movies. Still, glad you gave it a shot. :)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Disappointing 3-day for Purge is it not? Pretty much guarantees that it's going to be the lowest grossing of the franchise. And the TV show likely isn't going to help things if/when they decide to do a 5th movie. 

1 hour ago, Nova said:

We are doing rankings now?! 

TR>GOTG2>IW>BP>SMH>CW>AMATW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DS 

*Note I haven’t watched AMATW but I know I already know it’s that much better than Doctor Strange.* 

Agreed Strange is insanely overrated

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Disappointing 3-day for Purge is it not? Pretty much guarantees that it's going to be the lowest grossing of the franchise. And the TV show likely isn't going to help things if/when they decide to do a 5th movie. 

A bit. Universal will still probably go ahead with another one because they're dirt cheap to make, but once one of these goes under 30M total, the franchise will get a break.

• Like 1

85M would put the sequel jump from original for AM2 in the same ballpark as GOTG>GOTG2, but 95M would be an incredible increase, easily MCU best.

Both JW2 and I2 holding well. Gonna be a good weekend.

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The tv show is such a bad idea. The 5th film will suffer. They should’ve waited til things died down at the box office. Not while it was increasing from sequel to sequel. 

• Like 1

I have to say, the most satisfying thing for me from this year's box office is looking at Mojo YTD chart on ticket sales and seeing that, at least according to them, ticket sales and not just box office dollar, is up from previous years.

And as a fan of movies, it warms my heart to see that more people are actually going to movies. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I have to say, the most satisfying thing for me from this year's box office is looking at Mojo YTD chart on ticket sales and seeing that, at least according to them, ticket sales and not just box office dollar, is up from previous years.

And as a fan of movies, it warms my heart to see that more people are actually going to movies. 

#MoviePass’sImpact 

:sparta:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Disbelief 1

17 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Following the Paranormal Activity franchise to a tee. The sixth movie's gonna be on digital a couple weeks after it's in theaters.

• Thanks 1

its freaking 113 degrees in LA. does that help movies or not? I dont want to go outside. Its blazing fucking hot.

Edited by YLF
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

52 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Zoe Saldana acted her freaking ass off in IW.

I don’t have any complaints with Saldana’s performance. I could easily add to the short list of performances I did like as she was a solid fourth. It’s too bad she did not have more screen time but the movie was too long as it was. Perhaps some of the boring fat should have been chopped.

• ...wtf 1

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Hilarious number for The Purge. Also, how is a movie gonna pull 30M from an 8M Friday in the Summer? DHD is madness.

What a horrible number for The Purge.  Let’s ignore that it cost $13M and will be in the clear by next Friday.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, YLF said:

its freaking 113 degrees in LA. does that help movies or not? I dont want to go outside. Its blazing fucking hot.

That sucks - we finally got rid of the extreme heat & humidity today - had the windows open most of the day - it was lovely - haven't been able to do that in quite a while.  Hang in there.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1