WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

Great OW for Ant Man and The Wasp. Never got the $100M+ OW people, yes Marvel is on a hot streak but the week before last we had two back to back $145M+ OW openers.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, a2k said:

AM1's bump from true Friday was 18% I think followed by 21% Sun drop. Gives AM2

11.5+22.5+26.6+21.0=81.6

2.70-2.75x multi gives 220-225 dom.

That's why my projection range is 82-86mil. I honestly don't get this, it could have a great increase Saturday stuff. Nothing is impossible but I've seen no explanation given why it would. Spider-Man didn't have a great increase from it's true Friday last year.

• Like 2

SMH is less of a family movie than AM&TW. granted, family market is saturated atm (I2, JWw and this) but those movie do tend to jump like crazy on Sat so nothing is over until is over. 

Either way, fantastic for AM&TW cause it's quite an increase from AM. :bravo:

2 hours ago, dVmatrixmathi5xdU said:

it would be interesting if HT3 made 50m OW and Incredibles 2 had its best drop yet.

The first part I can see HT3 doing $50M OW but I2 at best will drop around 40% since that’s direct competition.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

SMH is less of a family movie than AM&TW. granted, family market is saturated atm (I2, JWw and this) but those movie do tend to jump like crazy on Sat so nothing is over until is over. 

Either way, fantastic for AM&TW cause it's quite an increase from AM. :bravo:

Spider-Man Homecoming is a total family movie. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Around 90mil is a great opening. People who thought the film was going to open with Ragnarok numbers were high. 

What where did you get $90m from, has there been another update??

Still says $81m for me 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What where did you get $90m from, has there been another update??

Still says $81m for me 

It was based on my thinking 86mil was possible with a 34mil Friday. And 86mil is closer to 90mil than 80mil.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

Ant-Man 2 is doing solid. With summer weekdays and no kid-friendly tentpoles until Teen Titans/Christopher Robin, I can see 32/17.5/9/5.5/4 for its 2nd-6th weekends ($218 million DOM by August 12th, $225-230 million DOM total). 

Incredibles 2 is holding excellently. $600-605 million DOM doesn't seem too crazy anymore. Since HT3 and Teen Titans aren't anywhere near as big as SLoP, I2 will likely outpace Dory's late legs if WOM is as solid as the CinemaScore indicates. I can see 16.5/11/7/5/4/3/2 ($602 million DOM by August 26th, $610 million DOM total) 

Jurassic World 2 doing $31 million 3rd weekend against its biggest competition for the rest of summer is fantastic. I can see it having some 35-38% drops the next two weeks. I'm thinking 17/10.5/6/3.5/1.5/1 ($422 million DOM by August 19th, $425-427 million DOM total) 

First Purge, Sicario and Uncle Drew are all doing fine. $45-55 million DOM isn't a bad place to end up for how their respective budgets are. 

Ocean's 8 continues to hold well. Won't You Be My Neighbor? keeps chugging. Hopefully, it can eek out one more expansion as a final push to $20 million+ DOM. 

Tag plummeted, but it's still on its way to a 3.5x+, great for a middle-of-the-road comedy that got lost in the shuffle of O8/I2/JW-FK

July 2018 could end up being pretty well-rounded for the first time in a while. Nothing huge, but just about every major release being a solid success is better than one monster hit and a bunch of underperformers, 

Spoiler

Ant-Man and the Wasp: $225 million

Mission: Impossible - Fallout: $205 million 

Hotel Transylvania - Summer Vacation: $155 million 

Mamma Mia - Here We Go Again: $135 million 

Skyscraper: $125 million 

The Equalizer 2: $70 million 

The First Purge: $55 million 

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies: $45 million 

Sorry to Bother You: $25 million

Eighth Grade: $20 million 

Three Identical Strangers: $10 million 

Unfriended - Dark Webs: $10 million 

• Like 5

Just now, John Marston said:

Fallen Kingdom is going over 400m. That would give it some very solid legs for a poorly reviewed movie

Well it is a crowdpleaser. Seen it 3 times now and people seem to enjoy it everytime. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

If I2 actually does get over $30m this weekend, it’ll be one of only 5 films in history to hit that mark in Box Office History. The other 4 were TFA, Black Panther, Avengers 1, and Avatar. So yeah, not too shabby.

• Like 3