sfran43

Tuesday's Numbers:

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

My brain every time I attempt to read one of your posts:  

Am I low IQ? 

Nah English is a second language and I struggle a lot with it, it is not you.

To make it simpler and shorter:

Take that part:

I mean, I don't blame them when she tried to make Amber Heard seem like a mess and all.

Is it because she is at her core a trash person or it is a long mechanism to please her trash audience and keep making money that make her do stuff like that a kind of survival mechanism.

Pure Internet click bait working for themselves will be molded by what their audience prefer and making money off franchise war / Internet geek culture like she do, that will result in doing stuff like that, saying anything to please/tease them.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Infinity War really collapsed in the last few weeks. 

Great bump for Ant-Man, Tuesdays are really mini-Fridays now

Lose 40%+ theaters a week and that's bound to happen (other big Disney films have hurt rather than helped in terms of screen loss).  It's PTA last weekend was $1850, better than 3 weeks ago.  The upcoming Digital and BR release isn't going to help either.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Nah English is a second language and I struggle a lot with it.

Take that part:

I mean, I don't blame them when she tried to make Amber Heard seem like a mess and all.

Is it because she is at her core a trash person or it is a long mechanism to please her trash audience and keep making money that make her do stuff like that a kind of survival mechanism.

Pure Internet click bait working for themselves will be molded by what their audience prefer and making money off franchise war / Internet geek culture like she do, that will result in doing stuff like that, saying anything to please/tease them.

Do the latter long enough and the first becomes true.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Quake said:

Don’t see it. Its not doing 130 in China either. 

It's increasing everywhere in Asia including markets that are very good indicator of China reception. First AM made 105M in China so 25M more is a very reasonable jump. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It's increasing everywhere in Asia including markets that are very good indicator of China reception. First AM made 105M in China so 25M more is very reasonable jump. 

Still doesn’t get it over 660 million. 

3 minutes ago, Quake said:

Because i just don’t see it. Why do you and where do you think it will land in those key markets incl US, UK, China ect?

China because the first did pretty well, good WoM. So I am thinkin $130m in China.

DOM 200m 

Chi 130m

SK 44m

UK 32m

France 19m

Australia 15m

Brazil 15m

Russia 13m

Japan 11m

Germany 10m

TOT: $490m From 10 markets

We ll have some more Asian markets over $10m

Big increases in Asia and rest of Europe will get a small boost.

LA flat.

7 minutes ago, pepsa said:

China because the first did pretty well, good WoM. So I am thinkin $130m in China.

DOM 200m 

Chi 130m

SK 44m

UK 32m

France 19m

Australia 15m

Brazil 15m

Russia 13m

Japan 11m

Germany 10m

LA flat.

Thats still coming up short. Mendelson does not even think it will get 600 million. 

• Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Quake said:

Thats still coming up short. Mendelson does not even think it will get 600 million. 

That would be an increase of: 106m in 10 markets so these 10 alone would get it to 626m so 650m + seems fair.

17 minutes ago, pepsa said:

DOM 200m 

Chi 130m

SK 44m

UK 32m

France 19m

Australia 15m

Brazil 15m

Russia 13m

Japan 11m

Germany 10m

LA flat.

It decreased in Brasil due to WC and it has a lot of competition, I don't know if it will recover. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

Opinions when they enter the realm of somewhat objectivity with some rules that exist (like movie math / box office) become very open to critics.

Piles of trash is going far, people going for clicks with the type of audience she is trying to get (Internet male geeks / franchise wars stuff) will be pushed really strongly by the powerful web carrot / stick incentive platform install to become trash, that would be hard to resist for a monk.

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

My brain every time I attempt to read one of your posts:  

source.gif

Am I low IQ? 

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Nah English is a second language and I struggle a lot with it.

Take that part:

Nice.  English second language?  I am not the best language reader and usually get through half of long posts if i'm lucky.  When I write number charts, they look messy and then I just hit enter, lol. 

In general, the social media setting is set to read things by scrolling up+down real fast, and I have gotten use to processing images, headlines, and numbers quicker because of this scroll method, and I have to slow my mind down for reading language comprehension with blogs.  It sucks, but that is probably language strength vs speed/numbers strength.  I guess it could be trained to do speed-like image, numbers, and headlines marathon, followed with a blink, and then read an essay real fast and follow it well.  

As for Ant-Man 2, it is looking at ~105 after Thursday, day 7.  Double this makes the total 3x past the opening weekend total (minus previews).   1. Incredibles 2. Jurassic World 3. Deadpool 4. Solo 5. Ant-Man 6. Christopher Robin?  7. Mission Impossible?   If you include Infinity War here <, then a Star Wars film will be looking to stay at number 5 in the top 5 summer 2018 movies.

Date Rank Gross % Change Theaters Per Theater Total Gross Days
2018/07/06 1 $33,725,082   4,206 $8,018   $33,725,082 1
2018/07/07 1 $23,555,372 -30% 4,206 $5,600   $57,280,454 2
2018/07/08 1 $18,531,751 -21% 4,206 $4,406   $75,812,205 3
2018/07/09 1 $6,983,824 -62% 4,206 $1,660   $82,796,029 4
2018/07/10 1 $10,042,976 +44% 4,206 $2,388   $92,839,005

11 hours ago, Quake said:

I don’t get the people that think Antman and Wasp will beat JL its on 178 million now. Maybe 100 from China gets it too 278 then another 110 from US gets it to 388 million. Then 30 from UK thats 418 million. How on Earth will it dig up about 250 million more. Can’t see it. Think it will stall on 600 million. 

Not only 'beat,'...it will apparently "crush" it.