That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

7 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Great advice... But have you checked the budgets for this series? :redcapes:

MI3 (2006): $150M

MI5 (2015): $150M

With a star/producer like Cruise the budgets only tell part of the story - he's getting $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on the back end. 

Before filming Paramount tried to trim his back end producer fees (along with Bad Robot and Skydance) and production was held up for negotiations since Cruised refused.

Just now, TalismanRing said:

With a star/producer like Cruise the budgets only tell part of the story - he's getting $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on the back end. 

Before filming Paramount tried to trim his back end producer fees (along with Bad Robot and Skydance) and production was held up for negotiations since Cruised refused.

MI7 will happen, the series hits its 25th anniversary in 2021 and it'd be a good way to celebrate it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Predictions for next weekend:

Christopher Robin: 35M
Mission: Impossible - Fallout: 30.7M

The Spy Who Dumped Me: 15M

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again: 8.2M

The Equalizer 2: 7.7M

The Darkest Minds: 7M

Hotel Transylvania 3: 6.8M

Ant-Man and the Wasp: 5M

Incredibles 2: 4.8M

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies: 4.7M

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: 4.4M

Death of a Nation: 4.2M

Incredibles over Teen Titans is gonna happen, especially with Christopher Robin double features :hahaha: 

The Darkest Minds can open as low as 7th depending how hard HT3 falls.

Related image

That Hillary thing two years ago opened to less than that right in time for the election. Fingers crossed this does (much) less.

Edited by filmlover
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Deep in the heart of summer.

The Sunday estimated drops are on the high end for most films especially compared to last weekend where 22% was on the high not low end.

Yes, it is the heart of the summer, and yet last year on the same Saturday, Wonder Woman, Transformers and Cars 3 all jumped close to 50%.  I'm just surprised Ant-man didn't go a bit higher.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Related image

That Hillary thing two years ago opened to less than that right in time for the election. Fingers crossed this does (much) less.

Keep in mind that had a limited release the weekend before. The audience is here for this bullshit.

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

MI7 will happen, the series hits its 25th anniversary in 2021 and it'd be a good way to celebrate it. 

Of course it will, M8 will probably be done as well.  All told it's still the only money making franchise Paramount has left (barring the success of Bumblebee).

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Luckily for us Paramount doesn’t have many options in the franchise department lol 

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Related image

Seems like a video that be better suited On Youtube if they want to spread their message. 

4 nation-wide releases and a 5th semi-wide release next weekend.  And no Moviepass (or probably a surcharge happy one which effectively negates its worth to the box office)...

It will be interesting to see how theaters set their lineups and which holdovers get dumped (some are easy calls, some won't be)...gonna be some interesting holds and interesting opening numbers...

To be honest, I do worry that Cruise and co. can maintain the quality going forward, as it's hard to imagine at least on a spectacle level, Fallout being topped. So I'd be good with maybe one more and calling it or doing a big shakeup if they really intend to turn this into a franchise without end.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

:gold::gold:

I'm not really feeling any of next weekend's releases tbh.

IDK what to make of Christopher Robin. Buzz clearly peaked way too early, but I also have a hard time seeing it go below 30 based on all its factors.

I don't think it's impossible for there to be a new #1 every weekend of August:

3: Christopher Robin

10: The Meg

17: Mile 22

24: The Happytime Murders

31: Searching

Unless The Meg goes nuts on its OW (35M+), one of Mile 22 or Crazy Rich Asians should win that weekend based on their tracking (17M for the former and a 20M five day for the latter)

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

IDK what to make of Christopher Robin. Buzz clearly peaked way too early, but I also have a hard time seeing it go below 30 based on all its factors.

It's clearly more of a mid-level release for Disney ala Pete's Dragon '16 (which opened at the same time). And FWIW, Pooh and the other characters have never been a big box office draw in their animated films. The Tigger Movie is the biggest and even that adjusts to less than $80M with almost two decades of inflation.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot fucking bombed. Jesus @ that PTA.

22 24 Don't Worry He Won't Get Far on Foot Amazon $351,386 +31.9% 266 +204 $1,321 $860,918 - 3

Reviews were only decent, it had no awards buzz and other specialty titles (Sorry to Bother You, Eighth Grade) completely overshadowed. I'm not surprised.

Solid for Mission Impossible too, I know it’s a franchise record. 

But its also the lowest opening for the franchise adjusted for inflation (aside from the holiday release which was skewed by a launch in 400 theatres).