grim22

Wednesday Numbers: Crazy Rich Asians 5M

The studio’s China Gravity co-production The Meg is staying solid, looking at a projected $4M today after a $6M Tuesday that was 33% above Monday. Total cume through six days is estimated at $60M. 

3.5 (-12.5%) Thu

6.0 (+71%)

8.5 (+42%)

5.5 (-35%)

= 20.0

Meg likely to do 20+ than -20 imo. After that just 1.8x more the weekend will take it past 120. With less competition and LD boost can't see it missing 120 while 130 is feasible.

EDIT: Actuals came in much lower at 3.42 wed. Hope it says flat on Thu as it recovers from CRA's OD.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

29 minutes ago, a2k said:

The studio’s China Gravity co-production The Meg is staying solid, looking at a projected $4M today after a $6M Tuesday that was 33% above Monday. Total cume through six days is estimated at $60M. 

3.5 (-12.5%) Thu

6.0 (+71%)

8.5 (+42%)

5.5 (-35%)

= 20.0

Meg likely to do 20+ than -20 imo. After that just 1.8x more the weekend will take it past 120. With less competition and LD boost can't see it missing 120 while 130 is feasible.

let's see. Alpha and Mile 22 will take some PLF, so...

9 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

why am I never polled? I'd give it A++++++++. It's really great, see it people, it's accessible to everyone, not just book fans. But read the books too, best beach lit around.

BTW, where are Asians? I couldn't see any in my sold out theater. :thinking:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

still a pretty good # but I guess seeing the number go down twice since the $6m was originally announced, kinds of makes it seem worse than it actually is.  

But still a good to solid opening day