grim22

Bombshell | Lionsgate | Dec 13 Limited, Dec 20 wide | Jay Roach directing. From the writer of The Big Short. John Lithgow is Roger Ailes, Charlize Theron is Megyn Kelly, Nicole Kidman is Gretchen Carlson. Margot Robbie also stars

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

The tears on the right will be so good, Coolio. 

no one will see this movie because who cares (and it'll be bad because every jay roach political drama is) and then they'll all take credit for that with their dumbass boycotts is my official prediction. 

• Like 4
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

no one will see this movie because who cares (and it'll be bad because every jay roach political drama is) and then they'll all take credit for that with their dumbass boycotts is my official prediction. 

Pretty much this.

I don't know that this film is really going to be "political" in the pejorative sense - it's a movie about the Fox News' sexual harassment scandal, not Fox News per se, and is described by Variety and elsewhere as focusing on the women who pushed back at the culture of sexism at the network. So, in one sense it is about Fox News (and I'm sure there will be people who automatically take issue with that), but if the focus is on telling a story of a culture of sexual harassment in a news organization, it will speak to broad, relevant themes about power, masculinity, sexual assault, etc, and could be a good, well-focused film. And with the women on board (especially Nicole Kidman), there could be some powerful, personal performances. 

It's hard to know how these films will pan out early on, but I'm intrigued enough that I'll be awaiting the first trailer.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 1