Australia $4.5M
France $4.3M
Mexico $4.1M
Thailand $3.7M
Germany $3.4M
Other $40.9M
Total $127.0M

out of article

https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend-estimates-captain-marvel-mcu-domestic-global-higher-further-faster/

• Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

The slight trouble is that the biggest OS market, China, will end up with less than 2x multiplier. That means to get to $700M the multiplier for the other markets should be more than 2.5x. Possible but very difficult.

in Asia i agreed, but in Europe / Australia / Latin America is kinda normal to have 3x or more

let me put in this way:

Asia debut will probably be something like $ 160 - 175M, i think it will have a bad multiplier and finish with $ 300 - 320M;

But in the rest of the world, debut will probably be like $ 140M, and multipliers tends to be better, so probably at least 2.5x for a $ 350M total.

I think it could be a little better, so + 700M is a possibility. But of course could be a little lower and really finish with $ 650M, which is enough anyway to a billion worldwide.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

in Asia i agreed, but in Europe / Australia / Latin America is kinda normal to have 3x or more

let me put in this way:

Asia debut will probably be something like $ 160 - 175M, i think it will have a bad multiplier and finish with $ 300 - 320M;

But in the rest of the world, debut will probably be like $ 140M, and multipliers tends to be better, so probably at least 2.5x for a $ 350M total.

I think it could be a little better, so + 700M is a possibility. But of course could be a little lower and really finish with $ 650M, which is enough anyway to a billion worldwide.

Yeah 2.5 would be bad in lot of countries in Europe, LA and Australia. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, UserHN said:

But China is heading in the wrong direction. Maoyan is now predicting less than $90M OW.

“Less than 90” as in 89.5+ 😛   

I still think it will beat that, low 90s. But anyway that was accounted for in my range, the OS-C gross overperformance more than compensates forChina coming in slightly below I hoped.

Edited by Thanos Legion

127 OS thru Friday which means ~93 OS-China thru Friday.

Wed+Thu was 44 so OS-China Friday is 93-44 = 49

Sat and Sun together could bring ~125 OS-China which gives a bit under 220 OS-China 5-day?

Removing Wed-Thu and giving 3x multiplier to 175 OS-China FSS gives 570 OS-China after adding back Wed-Thu.

425 Dom + 160 China + 570 OS-China = 1155 ww looks like the high-end?

Edit: I think Japan is to come. don't know about other markets. That could add 15 for 1170.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, a2k said:

Sat and Sun together could bring ~125 OS-China which gives a bit under 220 OS-China 5-day?

Removing Wed-Thu and giving 3x multiplier to 175 OS-China FSS gives 570 OS-China after adding back Wed-Thu.

well i hope it can get another 45 mill ;) in my opinion high end is  1.2

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, a2k said:

Edit: I think Japan is to come. don't know about other markets. That could add 15 for 1170.

That's a very realistic scenario. China's opening makes IM3 look too difficult to reach.

Yet another blockbuster that finishes in the 500's OS-Ch-Jap. This is becoming a little boring.

• Like 2

AUS per Asgard

CM Huge Sat increase from Fri +70% (biggest Comic Book) bigger than increase BATB, 7th biggest Sat (behind MCU  AIW,TA, AOU) others TFA, TLJ,HPDH2. Looking  We lc13.5(BP 10.5m)/15m +wed Pvev . will be top 10 Sunday as well.

lc = local currency

NZ per Asgard

CM WE looking lc2.2m/2.5m +wed prev ,big Sat increase , 2.2m 2nd biggest Mar behind BvS and 4th biggest MCU OWE Behind AIW,AOU,IM3, ahead TA (it did  Open on wed Holiday) & CW

• Astonished 1