Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

No Boseman and no M. B Jordan. So budget shouldn't be too high.

I didn't say Andy Serkis because they obviously paid in with sandwiches.

Boseman was paid half a million dollars for BP, so I don't they would have paid him $15-20M if he was alive.

34 minutes ago, Wolverpool XXR said:

Just off the eye test, I’d say ticket sales are currently better than L&T but less than MoM. It’s all basically in line with what I expected. 

Remember Black Panther was very walk up heavy.

I have no doubt this will make more opening weekend than DSitMoM.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cmbbox2390 said:

These posters are looking good. Almost everything looks good about this now I have hopes that Ryan will definitely deliver. Can't wait. Actually I thought this was November so I was thinking I can watch the movie next week 😂🤣

3 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Jennifer Lame edited this. She did Tenet, Marriage Story, Manchester By the Sea, Hereditary, Frances Ha. And worked on Blonde, Midsommar and Judas + Black Messiah. Quite the talent

Probably my favorite non-filmmaker talent to emerge from the 2010s. Her work in Tenet is revolutionary. She is one of 3 editors here tho. Would be sad if she decided not to work on White Noise because she was too busy working on this.

First trailer had the emotion and the music. The new one had more action and probably seemed a bit all over the place to some folks compared to the first. No worries. The movie is over 2.5 hours long and will have time to pack in both the emotion and the action.

I also think that we may be misled, in a pleasant way, by these trailers.

Edited by jedijake

27 minutes ago, Wolverpool XXR said:

Meaning?

I don't know, but it seems they are making it TOO obvious and being TOO straight forward that Shuri is the one in the suit but showing us (a) that the person is a female in the trailer and (b) Shuri being front and center in the posters......except for one where Nakia is in the center (I think it was the IMAX).

We have 3 great female leaders other than the Queen (who I seriously doubt would become the new BP). So maybe they are tricking us to believe it is Shuri when, in actuality, maybe it is actually Nakia. She's been shown in trailers but has been suspiciously quiet.

They went out of their way to make the identity a secret in the first teaser. Would they suddenly come right out and throw it in our faces that easily in the second? Gotta at least make ya think!

Edited by jedijake

Not that it’s necessarily indicative of anything but since I do see some people genuinely overreacting to the sales pace so far (looking at you, Jat) it’s important to remember that the L&T teaser did 28.3M views on Twitter before it opened and the first BPWF teaser has done 38.5M. 

Now, the official BPWF trailer is only at 7.3M views after 9 hours BUT keep in mind that the official L&T trailer is only at 6.2M even now. 

My point is that BPWF metrics are stIll running well ahead of a $144M opener with poor WOM. If this is “A” quality or better yet on par with the first, don’t be surprised if it explodes in the last week.

• Like 8

The poster is great and together with the trailer it continues the tradition of BP2's marketing material looking really pretty, but this trailer did very little for me "emotionally" speaking, big stepdown from the first trailer

Itll deservedly get lots of tech nominations, but I dont really see the BP argument

edit: the final bp refers to best picture, leaving it as is cause funny

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

56 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I don't know, but it seems they are making it TOO obvious and being TOO straight forward that Shuri is the one in the suit but showing us (a) that the person is a female in the trailer and (b) Shuri being front and center in the posters......except for one where Nakia is in the center (I think it was the IMAX).

We have 3 great female leaders other than the Queen (who I seriously doubt would become the new BP). So maybe they are tricking us to believe it is Shuri when, in actuality, maybe it is actually Nakia. She's been shown in trailers but has been suspiciously quiet.

They went out of their way to make the identity a secret in the first teaser. Would they suddenly come right out and throw it in our faces that easily in the second? Gotta at least make ya think!

I think you’re overthinking it. 

• Thanks 1