Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

The Metacritic is above the average MCU range. 72 currently. Probably finishes 70

Love and Thunder- 57

Multiverse of Madness- 60

No Way Home- 71

Eternals- 52

ShangChi- 71

Black Widow- 67

Far From Home- 69

Endgame- 78

Cap Marvel- 64

Antman and Wasp- 70

Infinity War- 68

Black Panther- 88

Ragnarok- 74

Homecoming- 73

Guardians vol 2- 67

Doctor Strange -72

Civil War- 75

AntMan- 64

Ultron- 66

Guardians- 76

Winter Soldier- 70

Dark World- 54

Iron Man 3- 62

The Avengers- 69

First Avenger- 66

Thor- 57

Iron Man 2- 57

Hulk- 61

Iron Man- 79

• Astonished 1

Having seen this now I am not surprised by its scores even though I am still now as high on this as many critics. I liked it far better than the first one but I did not like the first one (yeah I am that guy). Here it feels like everyone involved were reacting to Boseman’s death and made the movie giving it everything they had. Every emotion they felt it transcends the screen.

Give all the awards to Angela Bassett. A queen in her role and outside of it. And I could sit for hours just listening to her about anything. I am so mesmerised by her voice.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 3

Reviews aren’t raves like the 1st one.

However to see this film come together after everything that happened is great to see.

However Marvel needs to stop with all this set up stuff in the movies now for down the line, it is becoming tiresome now with so many more projects a year.

Also that Robbie Collin review from the Telegraph stands out like a sore thumb on Metacritic lol. Does he really think the film is that bad?

Edited by exomassey

6 minutes ago, exomassey said:

Reviews aren’t raves like the 1st one.

However to see this film come together after everything that happened is great to see.

However Marvel needs to stop with all this set up stuff in the movies now for down the line, it is becoming tiresome now with so many more projects a year.

Also that Robbie Collin review from the Telegraph stands out like a sore thumb on Metacritic lol. Does he really think the film is that bad?

I don't think it does as much as you may have heard. If anything, I think it sets up the future of its own world than any other MCU story.  I get the impression that they want to make BP its own franchise more than other MCU movies. Have characters show up in Avengers movies, sure, but not make them dependent on each other. Perhaps they are doing that with Shang Chi as well.

As a matter of fact, other than Antman QM, it looks like all phase 4 films are/have set up their own universes. (oh yeah, QM is phase 5).

Where were Shang Chi, NWH, and MoM in RT scores at 100 reviews? Anyone remember? (people here are data banks of valuable info).

Edited by jedijake

9 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I don't think it does as much as you may have heard. If anything, I think it sets up the future of its own world than any other MCU story.  I get the impression that they want to make BP its own franchise more than other MCU movies. Have characters show up in Avengers movies, sure, but not make them dependent on each other. Perhaps they are doing that with Shang Chi as well.

As a matter of fact, other than Antman QM, it looks like all phase 4 films are/have set up their own universes. (oh yeah, QM is phase 5).

Where were Shang Chi, NWH, and MoM in RT scores at 100 reviews? Anyone remember? (people here are data banks of valuable info).

Yeah I agree.

I just feel with phase 1, 2 and 3 all ended with these events in Avengers movies.

Now with phase 4 and 5, the phases are building to nothing. Maybe just a new way of doing things but it’s hard to stay interested.

• Like 1