Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

10 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Is it true she's a mega antivaxxer? That's the reason they're not starting up again?

1.  Seems to be true based on her own behavior.

2.  No truth to that being the reason, via what the trades are claiming.  

While we know that early PR statements are often revealed to be covering up certain issues, let's not make huge assumptions, here.  She seemed to have gotten injured significantly.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

If you want to believe "Giant Freakin Robot" as the source...  always trace the sources, people.  Is all of this likely?  Possible.  Sure.  But no major news or trade is reporting this quite yet, so...remain quizzical.  

I've been kind of expecting this, though a better source would be preferable. Having a job like this which entails lots of international travel already wasn't really compatible with being anti-vax, and that's going to be even more true thanks to covid.

21 hours ago, Maggie said:

She'll be in the movie. THR says so

Sure she will -- she already shot a lot of stuff.  That's not the question, here.  The question is will she finish it?  And whether she will continue in the MCU?  I think the answer to the second question is pretty obvious...but stranger things have happened.  Still, until this is actually reported by the trades, I would hold off accepting this fully.  Although at a certain point...where there's so much smoke...

Edited by Macleod

On 12/12/2021 at 4:11 PM, eddyxx said:

Just long enough to get killed off, I hope.

Really??

I think this whole thing will blow over, as it should. There's not a lot of chatter out there about Letitia's vaccine beliefs. At all. Just scoopers trying to make something a story to rile up the most easily riled up.

This is going to be massive next November (hopefully) and I guarantee you Shuri will be a big part of it.

• Like 1

I will say I hope they get a teaser out for this earlier than usual. Like in April sometime. Might be good for Marvel Studios to get something out there to get people hyped and shake off all the angst that seems to surround it ever since the unfortunate passing of Chadwick.

• Like 1

Face it, guys, she's here to stay. I still think her character is better in small doses and absolutely lacks the regal gravitas of T'Challa that was essential for BP, but this is what it is. Decision is made. 

The rumored synopsis sounds good and there will be plenty of other characters to care about if Wright's persona is too big a turn-off.  First BP was a big ensemble movie so doubtful she'll be that dominant especially with lots of new characters added to existing cast (Iron Heart, whoever Coel is playing, Namor&Atlanteans). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Face it, guys, she's here to stay. I still think her character is better in small doses and absolutely lacks the regal gravitas of T'Challa that was essential for BP, but this is what it is. Decision is made. 

The rumored synopsis sounds good and there will be plenty of other characters to care about if Wright's persona is too big a turn-off.  First BP was a big ensemble movie so doubtful she'll be that dominant especially with lots of new characters added to existing cast (Iron Heart, whoever Coel is playing, Namor&Atlanteans). 

As long as she’s not the Black Panther by the end of the movie, idc what they do with her.