Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

1 hour ago, clockwork said:

I could see a potential story about her being reluctant to take the throne but feeling that she owes it to her brother to keep his vision for Wakanda alive, having to step up and take responsibility.

Life imitates art, except life has her crossing her arms and stomping her feet and refusing to cooperate.

18 hours ago, Noctis said:

Is Letitia's character really the one who becomes the lead? What? Of all the female characters in BP, she was by far the least interesting. Nakia and Oyoke were leagues better. 

Oyoke has traits of fundamentalism - her being an interim leader and becoming more authoritarian with Nakia having to face her and becoming Wakanda's true leader would be more interesting. 

But Shuri as the lead? What the hell did she do besides make a couple of lame jokes and create the costume? Meh. Now THAT would guarantee a steep decline from the first.

Shuri is a rightful heiress, not to mention she's also the fem BP in the  comic, I think they should recast the role, not abandon the character

portrait_uncanny.jpg

On 11/11/2021 at 2:04 AM, Madhuvan said:

Yes, Shuri is the lead. I know Wright is problematic. But audience loved and adored Shuri. It was always the right direction unfortunately I never thought this will happen. 

I am not sure audiences loved her as much as you think.

It was Boseman they loved.

On 11/11/2021 at 9:34 AM, WittyUsername said:

If nothing else, I’m sure Letitia Wright has “earned” the support from certain weirdos on YouTube. 

Which is a headache that Marvel PR could do without.........

I think it too late to change course for BP2, but would not be surprised if they Part 3 gets rewritten to give Shuri a smaller role.

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

I am not sure audiences loved her as much as you think.

It was Boseman they loved.

You are remembering wrong on this one.  I was in a preview screening and saw it again during the film's general run -- both times audiences loved this girl's quips on screen.  Boseman is lovely but is actually kind of overwhelmed by everyone else around him in this picture.  I think he was better in Civil War, actually. 

(...Is that blasphemy?) 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I wonder how far along The Marvels is. Depending on that, I think it and this movie should swap dates.

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

Bingo. That would also give it the February date it dominated from in 2018.

Also might be wrong but if they moved it up, wouldn’t it basically have the same date it was originally supposed to have before they pushed everything like 3 months?

22 minutes ago, Cap said:

Also might be wrong but if they moved it up, wouldn’t it basically have the same date it was originally supposed to have before they pushed everything like 3 months?

Before the push a few weeks back, BP2 was scheduled for July 2022 and CM2 for November 2022. Then everything got pushed a date. Now it's BP2 November 2022 and CM2 February 2023.

2 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Before the push a few weeks back, BP2 was scheduled for July 2022 and CM2 for November 2022. Then everything got pushed a date. Now it's BP2 November 2022 and CM2 February 2023.

Yeah. So unless they pushed back the start of CM, they should just release it Nov 22

• Thanks 1