WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

Posted (edited)

I've total faith on Paul Mescal as an actor and the rest of the cast. I don't have that much faith on Ridley Scott but if he manages to make a great movie then this is breaking out IMO. Purely anectdotal but I know a lot of people who are interested in checking this out and others that are on the fence but I'm sure if they hear it's great they'll go, the first one is very beloved. 

Personally, seeing Paul Mescal and Pedro Pascal fight each other is enough for me to check this out. 

Edited by AN9815
  • Like 1

The thing with Bloom is not that that he was terrible in a lot of those Blockbuster roles just kind of there and serviceable. Depp , Rush, and Knigtley run circles around him in the Original Pirates trilogy,  same thing in the LOR with some of the other actors and in Troy.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

You could say prior to Gladiator Crowe was in a similar space to Mescal as a critical darling who had yet to carry a blockbuster on his back. 

Gladiator gave Crowe his Best Actor Oscar. Now he can live off stuff like The Pope's Exorcist for the rest of his life.

Edited by Mojoguy

Ditto for Joaquin. Joaquin was at the time River's less talented little brother who had changed his name after his only real hit, so I don't think we can give him the credit that some people retroactively state when they say that Gladiator had "huge stars like Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix." 

I'm surprised Pascal got the second billed part, from what has been leaked of the plot and reception I thought his part was a bit smaller. Maybe he's the Dijmon equivalent in this?

I'm sure Mescal will be fine, but the fact that he has an Oscar nom isn't proof that he's gonna be great in the role.

Headlining blockbuster movies isn't for everyone. Need a larger than life personality, the fact that he mopped around for two hours in an indie isn't proof.

I think this should move up to November 15 in the US too. That way it'll get PLFs to itself for a full week. I'm assuming it's gonna have to split PLFs with Wicked on Nov 22 and then lose even more to Moana 5 days later

Surprised Joseph Quinn isn't billed on the poster. Would think he'd have the leverage by now when he's so obviously sought after these days (this being between A Quiet Place and Fantastic Four).

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Surprised Joseph Quinn isn't billed on the poster. Would think he'd have the leverage by now when he's so obviously sought after these days (this being between A Quiet Place and Fantastic Four).

He will have his own character poster I bet closer to release 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Was there news about releasing it at an earlier date?

I saw some online twitter about the movie is joining wicked to avoid direct clash with moana. Didn't bother to cross check it but I guess it was just some online movement. 

58 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I saw some online twitter about the movie is joining wicked to avoid direct clash with moana. Didn't bother to cross check it but I guess it was just some online movement. 

This is indeed opening with WICKED now as Universal moved the musical a week ago to avoid MOANA II.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

Maybe Mel Pascal can do Gladiator, but I doubt he can do The Pope Exorcist or Unhinged.

My personal favourite Crowe performance post Gladiator has to be a tie between American Gangster and The Nice Guys

Edited by Jaxon5

3 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

The full list of blockbuster films where Orlando Bloom wasn't great: Troy.

He's not going to win any acting awards but there's a reason why he got all of those roles. 

You have it the wrong way round. The only film he's tolerable in is Lord of the Rings. He's awful in everything else and drags the rest of the film down.

Tomorrow will be pretty much the day where Joe Public realises this is coming out.  I don’t doubt the interest will be through the roof if the trailer delivers. Feels like one of the biggest trailers in a while in terms of everything or nothing. 

The ceiling on this thing is huge as the original is comfortably one of the most beloved films of the last twenty five years. Let’s hope the trailer gods have smashed this one out of the park.