WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

Well some people are nervous after what happen with "Joker II" but I believe this falls more into the "Legacy" Sequel category, the last one was 24 years ago.   Also Ridley clearly didn't try to reinvent the wheel here.  It looks like an Action packed "Gladiator" movie.  I'm not watching anymore trailers, this is the time more of the movie starts getting spoiled for the sake of marketing and money shots.  But can't wait to see the movie.  "Bad Boys, IO2, DM4, Twisters, Alien Rom, Deadpool and Wolvie, Beetlejuice" all showed people are just fine with sequels.  

• Like 2

Really pulling for this to do well. It seems like it will lose out  on that Nov 22 weekend to Wicked but the early ticket sales have been good so it should be great counterprogamming to that and Moana 2 over that holiday period into the Dec holidays also.

19 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Really pulling for this to do well. It seems like it will lose out  on that Nov 22 weekend to Wicked but the early ticket sales have been good so it should be great counterprogamming to that and Moana 2 over that holiday period into the Dec holidays also.

This should have released in early nov imo 

4 hours ago, Torontofan said:

This should have released in early nov imo 

It's fine where it's at. Even though it will lose to Wicked that weekend it will be strong counterprogramming to that and Moana 2 over the 10 day thanksgiving period and with good WOM play well into the christmas money train also.

• Like 1

I think it could've worked as a bloody audience catharsis for the weekend afterward, especially since these movies have political themes too, but the interest does seem to be there and as long as it's got the goods it should do fine.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Belakor said:

This is 100% going be the next sequel that no one asked for flopping and crashing hard, the third in less than a year, hollywood is indeed just a zombie eating itsef.

it will make at least 600m+ worldwide unless reviews are dogshit , it should appeal to guys and girls as well

Gladiator 2 will make 50m..................... in Italy alone.

Actually, i don't know how successful the original was there. 50m is probably out of the question, that would be Avatar (2) territory...

This outgrossing Joker: Folie a Deux's lifetime DOM gross in its OW alone was not on my 2024 bingo card, but it's almost inevitably going to happen at this stage.

Right now, for legs I'm thinking something similar to Dial of Destiny (2.89x), but if it really breaks out with audiences it could be the next Twisters (and with a better OS showing for sure).