sfran43

Weekend Thread : Asgardian #'s on p.17 ~ 19.6M Saturday

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

It's possible, yeah. I can also see it going over without too much trouble, though..... I mean, Aladdin is one of Disney's most popular films ever. If it's not well recieved, though, anything can happen.

Still it opens 10 weeks before Lion King, will likely get the shaft of Disney marketing as the middle tentpole of three always suffers (I imagine 4vengers and TS4 being major priorities), as well as tough family competition (it may have a slightly harsh drop the next weekend and after that it faces Pets 2 and TS4, not to mention Pikachu can be a big factor and Uglydolls (I doubt it does over $50M) will still hurt.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Still it opens 10 weeks before Lion King, will likely get the shaft of Disney marketing as the middle tentpole of three always suffers (I imagine 4vengers and TS4 being major priorities), as well as tough family competition (it may have a slightly harsh drop the next weekend and after that it faces Pets 2 and TS4, not to mention Pikachu can be a big factor and Uglydolls (I doubt it does over $50M) will still hurt.

But again, it's Aladdin. It's probably a bigger deal than the majority of those other family films, Pets 2 is likely the only thing that will truly hurt it (Pikachu and Uglydolls will pale in comparison scale-wise). Toy Story 4 and it can probably co-exist fine. Lion King will probably help it with double features, I'd imagine. I dunno, it's hard to imagine it doing less than at least 200M DOM, though I do think Solo numbers are a good ceiling.

• Like 1

Bohemian Rhapsody doing very well after that preview number! $40-$41 million seems more reasonable and a total of $100-$110 million. 

Nutcracker oh dear god. It looked terrible from the start. But it’s extra floppage is even worse than I imagined.

Nobody’s Fool looks generic, it should do Uncle Drew numbers more likely.

15 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Are you people talking seriously or trolling?

So they will make animated remakes for the live action remakes of the animated films they came for? Like wtf If those things happen and make money the world is beyond dumb,

Lol ofc were not serious :hahaha:not even Disney would be that shameless.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Pixar Live actions maybe ... whatever that could mean ...

I'm taking a Pixar course right now, and just given everything I've learned about what Pixar was built upon, and the culture it embodied from its inception, remaking its movies into live-action would feel to me like spitting on their shoes. 

9 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

But again, it's Aladdin. It's probably a bigger deal than the majority of those other family films, Pets 2 is likely the only thing that will truly hurt it (Pikachu and Uglydolls will pale in comparison scale-wise). Toy Story 4 and it can probably co-exist fine. Lion King will probably help it with double features, I'd imagine. I dunno, it's hard to imagine it doing less than at least 200M DOM, though I do think Solo numbers are a good ceiling.

You think Pikachu is small competition? Is is funny how people forget that Pokemon is the world's most valuable brand, way ahead of SW and HP. Pikachu will make money. It will be big DOM but it will be enormous OS (assuming it is at least decent). I don't see less than 400m OS and I think 500m is likely.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Are you people talking seriously or trolling?

So they will make animated remakes for the live action remakes of the animated films they came for? Like wtf If those things happen and make money the world is beyond dumb,

Yeah we were joking.

More seriously, Disney's next step is clearly sequels to the live-action remakes whenever possible. Alice 2 flopped but we will see how Maleficent 2 performs.

Edited by MrGlass2