After finishing it all last week, I've thought about it and I think Season 5 would have been better if it had been two seasons of 10 episodes rather than the elongated winding single season with a midway hiatus. I'd have liked to see Lydia's organization, Todd, and Jack's gang fleshed out a bit more.Also, maybe it's me but I got a huge Sam Shepard vibe from Jack, now that would have been a stellar casting coup (since Jack's only in a few episodes of all of Season 5).

So i finished the whole series today. Took 2 weeks but i was taking my time.  All i can say is that it is one of the best series i have ever seen. Its just so good i cant even begin to describe it. 

Bryan Cranston is hands down one of the best actors i have ever seen on tv.

What a great ending. Closed up everything nicely. 

just read right now about 'better call saul' series in the works. Good to know there will be something to still to watch in that world. Even if it is a prequel.

Just recently started watching this on Netflix in the last month or two. Finished Season 3 tonight. Holy shit. Definitely one of the best shows of all-time. My co-workers tell me it just gets better and better over the last two seasons as well, so I'm looking forward to it.

Man oh man, you're in for a ride.

• Like 2

Just recently started watching this on Netflix in the last month or two. Finished Season 3 tonight. Holy shit. Definitely one of the best shows of all-time. My co-workers tell me it just gets better and better over the last two seasons as well, so I'm looking forward to it.

You going to binge watch the last two seasons. It is hard to stop watching the show.
  • Like 1

Finally watching season 4 , I had already seen s4e1 but its been so long I'm rewatching it since I'm determine to see the season through this week And I'm remembering what happened , I got fed up watching a show about drugs,and I also saw a report on the devastation of meth in america and around the world I let the product get in the way of good drama and storyline I loved the show so much I went through season 1 to 3 really quick couldn't have been more than a month or was it during a summer all I know is that day I was like ugh there's no one I really like or root for and skylar drove me nuts she's beyond infuriating Anyhoo I'm giving the show a 2nd chance

Finally watching season 4 , I had already seen s4e1 but its been so long I'm rewatching it since I'm determine to see the season through this weekAnd I'm remembering what happened , I got fed up watching a show about drugs,and I also saw a report on the devastation of meth in america and around the worldI let the product get in the way of good drama and storylineI loved the show so much I went through season 1 to 3 really quick couldn't have been more than a month or was it during a summer all I know is that day I was like ugh there's no one I really like or root for and skylar drove me nuts she's beyond infuriatingAnyhoo I'm giving the show a 2nd chance

You can root for Jesse! And even after I started to hate Walt after the end of season 2 he is still such a mesmerizing character that you can't help but to pull for him a little despite his despicable actions.

Edited by Kingslayer

Agree The characters don't bother me near as much as the depiction of the drug use, the enabling of using it , the degradation and decadence of the lifestyle associated with it Its like as much as its fiction , its also about a real affliction in the real world I'm absolutely 100% against drugs use / zero tolerance ! And I know its a stupid reaction because same argument could be use for violence in films and other disturbing stuff I'm pretty open-minded at least I like to think I am but I have to work at it Watching s4e2 now

Watched s4e3 this morning I think I can do this if I stick to 1/2 episodes a day Its just disturbing the chaos jessie is living in , I guess its to reflect the chaos in his head and also his way of numbing the trauma of killing someone but its hard to watch

I don't think BB paints a very positive portrait of drug use at all. They're not glamorizing it in the slightest.

For a show centered around Crystal Meth there is actually very little emphasis placed on actual drug use anyway. In fact apart from a few scenes with Jesse there is almost no time spent on the effects it can have, although there are a few consequences for his character that come from his addiction. However, by and large it's much more focused on the business side of things which makes for a far more interesting show.

• Like 1

true enough , they show the business side of it ,which gives off vibe its not personal its just business 

but its a business that has lethal and lasting consequences on people and their families

just finished s4e5 , can't believe walter let his hubris get in the way and cause him to reawaken hank's interest in the case 

its something you see happen often , people can't seem to let slide someone else getting credit for their work or genius even if doing so would get them out of a pickle of epic proportions , they'd rather go jail (if they're doing smtg illegal) then let someone else get the glory

The show didn't focus often on the drug use by main characters, but it was brutally casual in showing how hideous the consequences can be, from some of the minor bit-players (the strung out lady who kills her boyfriend with the ATM), to significant supporting characters (Jane dying in her own vomit).