WrathOfHan

Thanksgiving Weekend Thread: ESTIMATES (Page 40) | Ralph 55.7M (84.5M Total) | Creed II 35.3M (55.8M Total) | The Grinch 30.2M | Grindelwald 29.7M | Robin Hood 9.1M (14.2M Total) | AMAZING BLACK FRIDAY SALE

‘Creed II’ Knocking Out Live-Action Thanksgiving Record With $60M+ Opening

Black Friday AM Update: The Wednesday before the Thanksgiving repped a record day at the box office according to ComScore with all films making $56M, topping 2013’s Thanksgiving Eve which grossed $48M. Business on Thanksgiving declined due to the holiday by 24% to roughly $42.3M, however, today, Black Friday is one of the more lucrative days at the domestic B.O. and the industry is projecting a 107% boost over yesterday with $87M-plus.

Disney’s Ralph Breaks the Internet led all titles on Thanksgiving, natch, with $10.3M, -44% from Wednesday, but the industry re-adjusted their five-day outlook for the Disney sequel to $88.5M, still robust and higher than Coco and Moana, but that would be the second highest Thanksgiving 5-day after Frozen. Better to wait to Saturday as matinees could put this movie over $90M again. The 3-day is looking like $59.6M.

MGM/New Line’s Creed II is still bound for the best live-action pic opening record for the holiday stretch, now estimated between $60.2M-$62M. Thanksgiving delivered $8.9M and today should see a boost of 75% to $15.6M.

https://deadline.com/2018/11/ralph-breaks-the-internet-creed-ii-thanksgiving-box-office-1202505947/

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

On 11/21/2018 at 5:15 PM, TalismanRing said:

Even before RT most people just asked if it was Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down or how many stars. 

The difference is that they looked at a couple of critics instead of an aggregate of several hundred.

Just opened the thread to read, but so I'm late to the party, but...

I totally remember watching Siskel and Ebert's Saturday morning review shows as a kid.  And OMG, Gene Shalit. 

To this day, almost fifteen years later, if I a genuinely on the fence about seeing something, I read Peter Travers' review.  Everyone else is just kind of noise.  But I've read his reviews for so long that I, one, like his approach to film genre, and two, can get a sense if he really likes something or if he's just sure, fine, whatever. 

• Like 2

Fantastic numbers to put November on track to gross over 1 billion.

Sadly, December won't be strong enough to reach 12 billion DOM mark in 2018. Crazy to think that we are really close to see an average of 1 billion per month.