WrathOfHan

Thanksgiving Weekend Thread: ESTIMATES (Page 40) | Ralph 55.7M (84.5M Total) | Creed II 35.3M (55.8M Total) | The Grinch 30.2M | Grindelwald 29.7M | Robin Hood 9.1M (14.2M Total) | AMAZING BLACK FRIDAY SALE

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Aren't Ralph and family movies supposed to have super surge today? Drop was expected, no?

It is expected... i guess the huge preview made the drop look much worse than actually is

Comparing pure wednesday, Moana drop 23% and Ralph drop 29%, it's normal, Ralph is just a little more frontloaded

But it's still on course to $ 87 - 90M 5-day, much higher than tracking suggests... there's nothing to worry about it

• Like 8

FSS %

Moana +119.5%  -2.1%  -36.7%

Coco    +112.9%  -3.2%  -26.9%

WIR2 should do 86 at least, but on the low-end sub 85 is possible:

21.6 (+110%)

21.0 (-3%)

12.6 (-40%)

= 55.2 weekend

28.8 + 55.2 = 84 5-day

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

What’s the budget for Creed II? It’ll likely make its money back from domestic alone, I’m assume it’s being split 50/50 between MGM and Warner Bros. 

Im curious with any studio films that has two studios involved how the profits are divided up. 

50 mill

Ralph's going bonkers at the theatre I'm tracking today. First shows alone already beat Wednesday's numbers here (mind you Wednesday wasn't a holiday in Canada). Its Friday will be like triple Grinch if not more, which makes me wonder why the hell didn't Grinch do better at this theatre? Probably won't use it as a comp, maybe will use Bohemian or something idk. 

But it's nuts. 

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

50 mill

That means MGM is almost certainly in the black domestically, WB will be as well if OS increases from the first. 

Even with FB2 disappointing, Warner Bros has had a decent year, it’s been more the smaller films that had hit big although they’ve had success with the likes of The Meg, Ready Player One and Rampage. 

• Like 1

I don’t quite get why everyone says Robin Hood looks like trash, the trailer looked really interesting, actually.

anyway, it’s Thursday isn’t that bad, it’s close to level with the true Wednesday number.

im more interested to see how hard Widows falls this weekend.

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

It's not doing well but it could've been worse. At least it's not pulling a Victor Frankenstein.

7 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Doing better than Victor Frankenstein is not exactly something to celebrate...

Victor Frankenstein got abandoned.  It had hype and just as many theaters.  I've posted in another thread that I think in comparison Robin Hood is likely to perform better in small coal mining towns then Victor Frankenstein did, and probably helped give it an edge in the rankings.

Edited by funny skunk

5 hours ago, Ruthie said:

LOL.  Did you join BoT just to post Daffy Duck cartoon references?😂

Nah just doing it for this terrible movie bombing. It just happens to mind me of one of my favorite Looney Tunes cartoons.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

5 minutes ago, Felandria said:

I don’t quite get why everyone says Robin Hood looks like trash, the trailer looked really interesting, actually.

anyway, it’s Thursday isn’t that bad, it’s close to level with the true Wednesday number.

im more interested to see how hard Widows falls this weekend.

People here always hate movies not made by Disney.

• ...wtf 1

30 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

People here always hate movies not made by Disney.

No wonder people don't take you seriously when you post crap like that.

Robin Hood is getting treated  no worse then Disney's Nutcracker did.

It's a film that had loousy (to most people) trailers and is, as predict6ed bombing just like Nutcracker did.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2