sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Previews - Spider-Verse $3.5M | Mortal Engines $675K

Damn, that's a great number for Spider-Verse. Less than Ralph 2 and it'll probably be more fan driven, but that was a Tuesday opener anyway. 40+ should be safe, 50 not out of question.

Goddess Steinfeld begins her run in the holidays. Spidey will surely have legs worthy of hers. (:ohmygod:) BUMBLEBEE IS NEXT, MOTHAFUCKAAAAAS

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

At least yesterday, we have data from Deadline that ITSV is skewing harder "fan" than "fam" - "Keep in mind Spider-Verse‘s numbers are great for a family animated film at a time when no K-12 schools are off and 23% kids and 10% parents showed up last night. "  So, they actually pulled a "67% adult with no kid" audience.  We'll see if that continues over the weekend...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 4

Just saw Widows and

how freaking tall Elizabeth Debicki is ?

All the other actors looked like people from the Shire next to her it was ridiculous.

The movie failed to do 50m in the US I think.

Edited by The Futurist

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOP tracking and TCs: https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-lego-movie-2-second-part-cold-pursuit-men-want/

LEGO 2: 60/213 (OW range of 50-65M)

What Men Want: 25/63 (OW Range of 20-30M)

Cold Pursuit: 13/40 (OW range of 10-15M)

Holmes and Watson: 3,200

Vice: 1,750

Surprisingly huge for Lego 2 and surprisingly low for What Men Want

21 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

At the Olympic Games, we run the 

100 mètres so 6'3 doesn't speak to me but I guess she s around 1,84m.

As so many actors 'are' 6 feet, I 'saved' for myself = around 1 inch over 1.8

1 feet is 30.48cm = 6 feet is over 1.8m, nearly 1.83cm

1 inch is 2.54cm

= she is 190.5cm

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

People need to calm down about Spiderverse OS and check the Grinch performance outside of Europe. Now that is a bomb if I've ever seen one, and from Illumination nonetheless

Dr. Seuss movies have never done good overseas, this was expected. It’s still a huge hit because of the domestic gross and low budget. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

People need to calm down about Spiderverse OS and check the Grinch performance outside of Europe. Now that is a bomb if I've ever seen one, and from Illumination nonetheless

It's a Christmas movie...normally, it will appeal to a more-Christian based country.  So, it's no surprise it skied in the US, did okay in Europe and South America, and didn't compute elsewhere...it requires an understanding of a holiday (that isn't celebrated for the most part in those other countries) to even start to get a movie goer in the door...

Edited by TwoMisfits