sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Previews - Spider-Verse $3.5M | Mortal Engines $675K

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I just checked IMDB. Does anyone know why Lord got a screenplay credit but Miller didn't? I thought they were a writing team.

From what I've read was they were busy at the time (what with Solo, LEGO 2, Spider-Verse and a variety of pilots) and so Lord just decided to work on it with Rothman (who was the writer of 22 Jump Street, so a good relationship with L/M).

I've also read that, like most animated movies, it was a ton of collaboration between all six creative minds. Like they had a group text going between the directors, Lord and Miller, and the other, not Amy Pascal, producer, where they were constantly sending jokes and rewriting the script on the fly. Goddamn it's a great movie

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blankments said:

From what I've read was they were busy at the time (what with Solo, LEGO 2, Spider-Verse and a variety of pilots) and so Lord just decided to work on it with Rothman (who was the writer of 22 Jump Street, so a good relationship with L/M).

I've also read that, like most animated movies, it was a ton of collaboration between all six creative minds. Like they had a group text going between the directors, Lord and Miller, and the other, not Amy Pascal, producer, where they were constantly sending jokes and rewriting the script on the fly. Goddamn it's a great movie

So what you’re saying is this movie is the beginning of the schism that drives Lord and Miller apart. I can read between the lines. :ph34r:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

So what you’re saying is this movie is the beginning of the schism that drives Lord and Miller apart. I can read between the lines. :ph34r:

you jest, but they've been talking about doing separate projects since 22 Jump Street. i'd be down for it after they give me ARTEMIS

Predictions for next weekend for the 3-day portion except for Mary Poppins which is 5-day:

Aquaman: $78M

Mary Poppins Returns: $50M

Bumblebee: $22M

Second Act: $7M

Welcome to Marwen: $3M

Aquaman will have the much bigger opening but Mary Poppins will have the much better legs.

Edited by filmlover

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Predictions for next weekend for the 3-day portion except for Mary Poppins which is 5-day:

Aquaman: $78M

Mary Poppins Returns: $50M

Bumblebee: $22M

Second Act: $7M

Welcome to Marwen: $3M

Aquaman will have the much bigger opening but Mary Poppins will have the much better legs.

We'll see. Mary Poppins is dull af and another misfire for Rob Marshall. 

Speaking of dull, was anyone able to get past the first 20 minutes of Roma? How long do I have to watch a maid clean in longshot black and white? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

We'll see. Mary Poppins is dull af and another misfire for Rob Marshall. 

Speaking of dull, was anyone able to get past the first 20 minutes of Roma? How long do I have to watch a maid clean in longshot black and white? 

Gets better after the first half hour, but still a slow burn throughout.

Edited by Jiffy