Eric the IF

Wednesday Numbers: Poppins 4.8M l Everything's dead. Screw everything.

26 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Is that true ? Horror is  a female skewing genre and do not tend to have good legs, female skewing franchise a la Twilight, Fault in our stars, 50 shades etc... played extremelly frontloaded.

I've noticed that when movies that don't target women as primary audience become adopted by women, they tend to develop long legs. POTC, LOTR, Gladiator, Avatar. I found old articles that Gladiator's late run was mostly fueled by women. 

so it's really case to case basis. They extremly frontload movies that target them primarily but provide legs to movies for men that have some ingredients that appeal to them (hot actors, romance, etc).  

exception is, of course, Titanic that targeted women as primary audience and had the longest legs in history. 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I've noticed that when movies that don't target women as primary audience become adopted by women, they tend to develop long legs. POTC, LOTR, Gladiator, Avatar. I found old articles that Gladiator's late run was mostly fueled by women. 

so it's really case to case basis. They extremly frontload movies that target them primarily but provide legs to movies for men that have some ingredients that appeal to them (hot actors, romance, etc).  

exception is, of course, Titanic that targeted women as primary audience and had the longest legs in history

E.T. laughs at that.

• Like 1