Eric the Fall Guy

Wednesday Numbers: Poppins 4.8M l Everything's dead. Screw everything.

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I think people don't realise how GA friendly Aquaman is but of course they haven't seen it yet.

Yeah, James Wan is like James Cameron 2.0 in a way, in that he makes movies that audiences eat up. Aquaman is the most GA friendly film DC's ever made, legs will be very kind for it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Something to remember, Disney changed the date quite late in the game, so some audiences might think it's not out for a while? Maybe?

That is very possible. Another possibility is that families are starting to save money for Detective Pikachu.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

THR still thinking MP will do $70m by Tuesday with $4.8m. (That would require 

Need to update their article.

(that would require a multiplier of 15, TGS had a 7.6x for the same period)

Poppins could miss $40m 5 day, but who knows, this time period is so unpredictable. 

Yesterday, I posted in the MP2 thread that all the matinees near me (with schools in) were empty or only selling 2-3 tickets...it was pretty much a 7pm or later show...means the older audience was not coming opening day and the younger audience was still in school...

I wouldn't say anything about this movie until we see Saturday...yes, I know folks say we should wait til next Wed, but this Sat/Sun will be big family gathering days, and if it's still pulling a number this low, it won't pull TGS numbers.  

PS - Now I know why my 2nd local pulled a dedicated screen by Friday and is holding it...they wanna see some actual seats sold and sellouts before they give the shows back (or Aquaman may get them)...

PPS - Schools are out here til Jan 7 (but they are in through Dec 21)...so there will be 2 weeks of family time to recoup the poor initial opening days...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

THR still thinking MP will do $70m by Tuesday with $4.8m. (That would require 

Need to update their article.

(that would require a multiplier of 15, TGS had a 7.6x for the same period)

Poppins could miss $40m 5 day, but who knows, this time period is so unpredictable. 

It could still make 40 million 5 day because kids are still in school and that probably set the opening day back quite a bit

7 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Mary Floppins lesson: To have a successful musical, 

Make 

Related image

It 

Related image

Good 

Image result for lady gaga star is born gif

(ie don't hire Rob Marshall) 

Or, in the case of the first two, don't worry if the movie's nothing special as long as it has good songs.