Eric the IF

Wednesday Numbers: Poppins 4.8M l Everything's dead. Screw everything.

25 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

DVD sales mostly; also, massive cross-generational appeal with grandmothers taking the whole family to the theater. And it could still happen!

But if MPR disappoints:

- believe the YouTube Law (low trailer views, insignificant buzz compared to a BATB)

- believe GoogleTrends

Because of this I never understood the hype, but this forum had me convinced that MPR would be the SW of 2018.

I kinda find it funny, that Mary Poppins is only more searched in Italy and Germany according to this🤣

And I really though MPR could open with double that.

Edited by Taruseth

Damn first Ralph now Poppins underperformance :ph34r: Wonder if this means Disney will act humble in the future, or if they're gonna be vicious like a wounded animal.

Is there any possibility they instate something like no child/senior prices for their films and everyone has to pay premium prices? They already have rules about people with physical disabilities not getting discounts like they would for other films. 

• ...wtf 3

15 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Damn first Ralph now Poppins underperformance :ph34r: Wonder if this means Disney will act humble in the future, or if they're gonna be vicious like a wounded animal.

Is there any possibility they instate something like no child/senior prices for their films and everyone has to pay premium prices? They already have rules about people with physical disabilities not getting discounts like they would for other films. 

What?!

Just now, Napoleon said:

What?!

Yea people with physical disabilities (like wheelchair, pneumonia, semi-paralysation among many many others) are eligible for a program at the chain I work at where basically every ticket is a buy-one-get-one free so that they are able to have a caretaker or family member accompany them into the theatre and see the movie with them. 

But Disney last year stated that their films will no longer be eligible for that program. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

18 minutes ago, DAJK said:

They already have rules about people with physical disabilities not getting discounts like they would for other films. 

This is why I don’t get how you can be a Disney fanboy. I don’t mean liking their films but approve of shit like this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yea people with physical disabilities (like wheelchair, pneumonia, semi-paralysation among many many others) are eligible for a program at the chain I work at where basically every ticket is a buy-one-get-one free so that they are able to have a caretaker or family member accompany them into the theatre and see the movie with them. 

But Disney last year stated that their films will no longer be eligible for that program. 

Wow, Mickey’s a bigger asshole than we thought.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yea people with physical disabilities (like wheelchair, pneumonia, 

wait a minute, should people with pneumonia really be encouraged to go to the theater with discounts and incentives?

That seems like a terrible idea.

• Like 5

I’m surprised the number is this low, but we’ve simply no idea how this will play out. I would imagine word of mouth is everything to this film. 

I just spoke to a mate who is a huge film buff and he didn’t even realise this was a sequel. He thought it was ‘another remake’. When I told him the set up he got interested - so maybe the awareness of what this is might take a while. 

• Like 1