That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

Glass apparently cost only 20 million, it was said in the awesome Rolling Stone interview with Shyamalan. I wonder if it's true because that sounds nuts to me, the trailer looks like a 60 million film to me, similar to Unbreakable (70 million). It also said he apparently financed it himself like he did with The Visit and Split. Should be another mega hit for him. 

Edited by TimmyRiggins
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Glass apparently cost only 20 million, it was said in the awesome Rolling Stone interview with Shyamalan. I wonder if it's true because that sounds nuts to me, the trailer looks like a 60 million film to me, similar to Unbreakable (70 million). It also said he apparently financed it himself like he did with The Visit and Split. Should be another mega hit for him. 

Hope it owns. 

The build ‘em up knock ‘em down sabotage that happened to M Night was a travesty. So glad he’s rebounded and getting back to where he was. 

Clearly he’s made of tough stuff. A major talent. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, XO21 said:

Paramount’s Bumblebee made more than the Emily Blunt British nanny tonight, $8.3M to $6.9M

:hahaha:

That BOGO Atom deal all day...it's still around, and it's probably gonna be enough to push Bumblebee over when the numbers are this low:)...

PS - Aquaman's numbers also aren't good, but you all have to remember the theater screen squeeze...it's not even on 2 full screens at 12s when the normal 12 set for a super is FOUR screens...right now, it and Spidey each have almost 2, and that means you are gonna have very limited BO...

Now, yes, yes, it could sell out every showing at every time and get probably to $80M (which I saw as absolute max based on my local's theater set experience)...but then you have to remember that early Fridays won't sell well, and 11pms and later always struggle to sell...and know that is also unlikely...

PS- MP2, I'm waiting for the Atom deal now...you gotta do something to turn it around, b/c the press of finishing 3rd or worse is not gonna look good!

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

13 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

I thought yall said Say amen was going to hit 80+. Everthing seems to be underperforming.

that was the high end.  I felt the most it could do over the 3-day was about 80.   Which is huge for Aquaman.   70 is still great.  It's the same as other origin movies and it might leg it out better than many of those. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

And moviepass

I believe part of the reason of jumanji and TGS combo hold can be attributed to the moviepass

Amen, amen, amen, amen...and the tons of ticket deals that surrounded that season that Fandango and Atom put out to compete - right now, Bumblebee has the only deal...and the TMobile Atom deal doesn't come out til Tuesday (which I'm waiting on to buy any more tickets, although I ALMOST bought with BOGO Bumblebee but my boys actually said they didn't care to see it - bad marketing, Bumblebee!:)

6 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

If 32 holds how is that not good?  

It's still gonna land high 60's/low 70's...that's not that good...especially since it had the early Atom deal for $5 off 2 tickets (so they pushed some draw early)...

It's not BAD, but for a super this year, and a DC one, it's not good in comparison...especially since it's not getting torched by the competition (ie - it's not being held down b/c MP2 and Bumblebee are doing so well)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

You know what, I actually have to say that @TwoMisfits' point about MoviePass being an extremely relevant element of the success of many movies in the span of 2017/2018 might actually be correct. One can only imagine if A LOT of people wouldn't MoviePass the shit out of MPR or even Bumblebee, while keeping their big money for IMAX/3D showings of Aquaman.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This January, we had:

The Post: 82M

Insidious: 68M

Maze Runner: 58M

12 Strong: 46M

Den of Thieves: 45M

Paddington: 41M

The Commuter: 36M

Hostiles: 30M

Proud Mary: 21M

Forever My Girl: 16M

Total: 443M

Next month won’t even come close to that:

Glass: 200M (ish)

A Dog’s Way Home: 55M

The Kid Who Would Be King: 45M

The Upside: 40M

Escape Room: 30M

Replicas: 10M

Serenity: 5M

Total: 385M

If not for Glass, next month would be super quiet. Despite having a massive grosser in store, theaters are still going to need their screens occupied by the holdovers and expansions.

I could actually see On the Basis of Sex making more than all of the non-Glass January releases and pull a mini Hidden Figures with a $50M+ gross tbh. Reviews are good, Focus is promoting the hell out of it (so tired of seeing that damn trailer at the movies), and RBG is clearly a draw if a documentary about her made as much as it did.

Edited by filmlover

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

It's still gonna land high 60's/low 70's...that's not that good...especially since it had the early Atom deal for $5 off 2 tickets (so they pushed some draw early)...

It's not BAD, but for a super this year, and a DC one, it's not good in comparison...especially since it's not getting torched by the competition (ie - it's not being held down b/c MP2 and Bumblebee are doing so well)...

It had the same opening number as Venom and it’s Christmas. I think there’s a little of bias in your posts. You have been touring underperformance by Aquaman all week. The number is fine. 

• Like 2